Snorkeling St. Thomas/St. Maarten/Bahamas/San Juan

singersac

We are going to St. Thomas in a few weeks and want to snorkel. Has anyone been to Marine Park Buck Island? How is it for snorkeling? We are also trying to decide between two excursions there. One is a 65' Castaway Girl Catamaran and the other is a private 35' to 45' private yacht which only takes 6 people at a time.

Also we are going to St. Maaten and the Bahamas. I plan to be in the water there as well even if the snorkeling is not as good. Anything on Pinel Island or Shipwreck cove in St. Maarten? What about Rainbow Reef or Spruce Cay for the Bahamas? Any other suggestions? What about San Juan? Any where to snorkel there? I noticed there are no excusions for snorkeling there.

Thanks,

Debbi

We've done the Buck Island tour in St. Thomas twice on the private boats and loved it. That's we've done it twice. The snorkeling is great and the trip out/back to the island is a blast. I highly recommend this.

In St. Martin I DO NOT recommend the Shipwreck Cove tour. The "ships" are not really ships, but rather they are small drug running boats that were recently sunk for a tourist attraction. I was highly disappointed in this tour. I would opt for Pinel Island in St. Martin.

Been to San Juan 5 times and never snorkeled. Never been to the Bahamas.

Archived