First Dreamliner Commercial Flight

• 2 weeks later...
Welcome back, Linda, hope you had a good time :)
Hi Nell, We had a wonderful time, lovely hotel and fabulous weather, only one cloudy day. Got a bit burnt the first day :eek: I didn't realise how hot it was :rolleyes: We were quite lazy, but did go for a few walks. The marina is beautiful. We really fell in love with Cala d'or. It's on our "would go back to" list. Now to win the lottery and buy an appartment there ;);)

Hi Nell, We had a wonderful time, lovely hotel and fabulous weather, only one cloudy day. Got a bit burnt the first day :eek: I didn't realise how hot it was :rolleyes: We were quite lazy, but did go for a few walks. The marina is beautiful. We really fell in love with Cala d'or. It's on our "would go back to" list. Now to win the lottery and buy an appartment there ;);)

Pleased you enjoyed your holiday, Linda. :)

Just come back from a day visit on Spirit, where we were advised that Dreamliner would be flying to Barbados on selected flights from Gatwick and Manchester this winter.

It was in Dalaman last monday, we was on our way back after a week on celebration and a rep came up to us in the check in line and said 'oh your lucky i think your going back on the new dreaamliner' then promptly came back and said no its another flight !! oh well, nearly

It was in Dalaman last monday, we was on our way back after a week on celebration and a rep came up to us in the check in line and said 'oh your lucky i think your going back on the new dreaamliner' then promptly came back and said no its another flight !! oh well, nearly

Where did you fly back to?

We would definitely go back there too, Linda. Lovely resort. Which hotel were you in?

We would definitely go back there too, Linda. Lovely resort. Which hotel were you in?
We stayed at the Rocamarina Hotel - Thomson Gold - (no kids:)) Very good entertainment most nights ( a couple of exceptions:eek:) but the rep did say they tried to please everyone. Two shows from Thomson Showteam, very good. They did one called Il Classico - classical and show songs - excellent :) Also a singer and comedian called Graham Powell and a Spanish group (can't remember their name) who sang rock songs. All would be good on Thomson cruises :)

Glad you found the marina Linda!

Glad you found the marina Linda!
We did Sheila, but never found the steps you told us to go down :rolleyes: We set off with your instructions and met up with another couple from our hotel who had a map and we went down a road on the right and came right to the marina. We carried on round to Cala d'or beach and had a beer at the hotel Cala d'or and then walked back to the marina and found a lovely pathway back to the hotel, but still didn't find the steps :o

Sorry peeps, right off topic :o:o:o

Anyone know how many dreamliners have Thomson got :confused:

We did Sheila, but never found the steps you told us to go down :rolleyes: We set off with your instructions and met up with another couple from our hotel who had a map and we went down a road on the right and came right to the marina. We carried on round to Cala d'or beach and had a beer at the hotel Cala d'or and then walked back to the marina and found a lovely pathway back to the hotel, but still didn't find the steps :o

Sorry peeps, right off topic :o:o:o

Anyone know how many dreamliners have Thomson got :confused:

The steps led down to that path about half way along but they might have been quite easy to miss. That was 2010 we were there on a cruise and stay, things could have changed. (Incidentally I caught what I think was Norovirus while staying there!)

Dreamliner was in Dalaman last Monday (24th) and Yesterday, Gatwick Flights

Spoke to a couple on board who flew over on the 24th they all had photos took and were given flowers as it was the first flight to Dalaman.

Lovely aircraft and Mr Topsey was very pleased to see a certain logo on the engines

interesting to read that

g tuib suffered a bird strike (or compressor blade failure) last week after departing cardiff, aircraft continued on to shannon, thoms sent a repair crew out on g tuic

787shannon.jpg

Archived