Celebrity Solstice January 3, 2014 NZ to OZ

NashDB

• 1 month later...

I'm surprised you couldn't get the reservation assigned to PP - did you ask PP or X? We were on a PP cruise in May and it was a group of about 40 guys. I expect this group will be a lot larger. When do you get into AKL? We arrive on Dec 29th so will have a few days before boarding.

Edited by steve_cruises

Re: the reservation - X has a 60 day window after booking to transfer to an agent and we were outside that window. They did say that PP could work to get it changed, but for whatever reason, PP didn't seem to think that was possible or want to push it. Oh well, will just see you around the ship!

We get in to AKL on Jan. 2. Staying in SYD a few days after on the other end.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

My partner and I are booked on this cruise through Pied Piper. We are really looking forward to it, as we have never been to New Zealand. And we loved our one cruise on the Solstice with Atlantis. I hope PP has enough people booked so that we can have some group events.

• 2 weeks later...

I posted our excursions on another forum for this cruise, but thought I'd post here as well. Take it for what it's worth. If anyone would like to join us, let me know.

Bay Of Islands

Waitangi Treaty Grounds

and Fuller’s Dolphin Cruise to the Hole in the Rock

Tauranga

Will rent a car, drive to Kaiate Falls and Karangahake Gorge for short hikes and/or possibly Rotorua. (Happy to take along another 1 or 2 people to share in the car rental.)

Wellington

Take Cable Car up and then take shuttle to Zealandia, then back and walk through botanic garden down hill, and back to town and ship. Possibly Te Papa Museum.

Akaroa

Eastern Bays Scenic Mail Run Tour 9:00 am - 1:30 pm

Dunedin

Taiere Gorge Train trip 9:30 am - 1:30 pm

Hobart

Hobart Walking Tour - 2.5-3 hour walking tour

Melbourne

My City Tours - Electric Bike Tour 10:00 - 1:00 (This is looking doubtful as I can't get any contact back from this company.)

For those of you in the PP group, do they have a forum for the members of their group?

Still hoping we can find some fun folks for a dinner table group. I think that's the piece I'll miss most from not being with PP.

For those of you in the PP group, do they have a forum for the members of their group?

Still hoping we can find some fun folks for a dinner table group. I think that's the piece I'll miss most from not being with PP.

I don't know of any forum specifically for the PP group.

The PP group had tables reserved for dinner, so I don't know if others could join or not. Maybe you are more fun than the PP group?

I don't know of any forum specifically for the PP group.

The PP group had tables reserved for dinner, so I don't know if others could join or not. Maybe you are more fun than the PP group?

I think PP probably keeps their tables pretty "closed", which can understand. Of course we're more fun than the PP group :)

I wonder what would happen if a PP customer met the love of his life during the cruise. Would this person be fitted into the PP table? Or would the two of them have to go find another table if they wanted to eat together?

There is always breakfast, lunch and tea where tables are not assigned.

I wonder what would happen if a PP customer met the love of his life during the cruise. Would this person be fitted into the PP table? Or would the two of them have to go find another table if they wanted to eat together?

There is always breakfast, lunch and tea where tables are not assigned.

What....people find the love of their life on a cruise? hehe.

What....people find the love of their life on a cruise? hehe.

Well, maybe only the love of the week or two. We all need some love in our lives.

Have you booked any excursions for yet? We need to get started on that.

Well, maybe only the love of the week or two. We all need some love in our lives.

Have you booked any excursions for yet? We need to get started on that.

Yup we're done on the excursions end. I posted this link on the other forum. It's the majority of my research:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1n7APkLg-mKqDzJODjOOD-TeyBqsF96oFEIARVVDQBfg/edit?usp=sharing

Our final list:

Bay Of Islands

Waitangi Treaty Grounds

and Fuller’s Dolphin Cruise to the Hole in the Rock

Tauranga

Will rent a car, drive to Kaiate Falls and Karangahake Gorge for short hikes and/or possibly Rotorua. If you think this is for you, you're welcome to join. We're going to take it easy, but those short hikes look nice and we may make it down to Rotorua. Our plan is less agenda and more enjoying the day based on weather, what looks fun, etc.

Wellington

Take Cable Car up and then take shuttle to Zealandia, then back and walk through botanic garden down hill, and back to town and ship. Possibly Te Papa Museum.

Akaroa

Eastern Bays Scenic Mail Run Tour 9:00 am - 1:30 pm

Dunedin

Taiere Gorge Train trip 9:30 am - 1:30 pm

Hobart

Hobart Walking Tour - 2.5-3 hour walking tour. This guide seems like fun. I told her we were a gay couple and loved knowing the "secrets" of the town...that seemed to excite her :)

Melbourne

My City Tours - Electric Bike Tour 10:00 - 1:00

If you want anymore info just ask.

• 1 month later...

The document you linked is quite helpful. You did a lot of research. But your excursions are mostly more ambitious than what we would do. Looks like we will wander on our own at several of the stops as nothing I have seen is especially appealing to spend money on. We often enjoy wandering in cities and towns. And if the weather is bad we just won't bother.

I'm with you on the "nothing looks especially appealing". We may see you on board on those bad weather days.....but....may we have none of that!

Noticed another couple posted on the other forum....Bob and Fred I think.

David

I'm with you on the "nothing looks especially appealing". We may see you on board on those bad weather days.....but....may we have none of that!

Noticed another couple posted on the other forum....Bob and Fred I think.

David

Yes, I saw them there. The more the merrier.

We have signed up for 2 Celebrity excursions for New Zealand. We might do another in Australia. We have seen too many people waving from the dock after missing the boat to be comfortable with most private excursions.

Hi

We are on the cruise and will be traveling with friends. There are 7 in our group so I imagine there will be enough for a guide. Just emailed Derek as I was curious, too, about the size....

Should be fun...

That is happy news. Let's see what you hear from Pied Piper. On our other PP cruise, which ended up not having enough people, I could not get an answer from the PP office.