Carnival | Triumph | 7-29-2013 | G&L

BJWill

I am looking for some cruise mates to build our party. We have 7 total in three state rooms. Two male couples, one female couple and a single female.

We like to think we are a fun group so whether you are another group or just a single we would love to include you in our fun.

• 1 month later...
I am looking for some cruise mates to build our party. We have 7 total in three state rooms. Two male couples, one female couple and a single female.

We like to think we are a fun group so whether you are another group or just a single we would love to include you in our fun.

Howdy. George here, and my boyfriend jim will be on board this cruise. We have an Ocean Suite on deck 7, near the elevators. I have taken several cruises but this will be jim's first. Looking forward to making new frriends.

Cheers!:)

Excellent! I am glad to have someone else join me in this forum. I was not planning to post to the main roll call but I was getting lonely over here so I went ahead and bit the bullet.

Look forward to meeting you both either at the meet & greet (if I can get the resy of my gang to attend) or at one of the FOD gatherings.

:)Excellent. We will look forward to it. I do not know if there is a meet and greet planned....yet....

Are you and the gang arriving early into Galveston? If so, perhaps we can meet for cocktails before sailing. We are arriving into Galveston on Saturday.

Cheers!

George & Jim

My group is caravanning from Oklahoma City on Saturday morning but staying at a friends lake house on Lake Livingston for the weekend. Sort of a pre-vacation, vacation. We will not head down to Galveston until Monday morning

My group is caravanning from Oklahoma City on Saturday morning but staying at a friends lake house on Lake Livingston for the weekend. Sort of a pre-vacation, vacation. We will not head down to Galveston until Monday morning

Well we will look for you once on board! Enjoy the travel. Ah, dreaming of cruising right now!

Absolutely! We have all being going hard core on our diets so that we will not feel guilty about trying out a Guy's Burger and all the amazing drink concoctions from the Alchemy Bar!

Do you think that you guys will be doing any excursions?

Absolutely! We have all being going hard core on our diets so that we will not feel guilty about trying out a Guy's Burger and all the amazing drink concoctions from the Alchemy Bar!

Do you think that you guys will be doing any excursions?

Yes. We will be doing excursions, but do not know what. Will wait until on board and see what is offered through the ship, and may "ad lib" it with vendors in port.

I have been to Cozumel several times both on cruises and as an All-Inclusive resort stay. With this group, we will most likely not do an excursion there and just walk around sampling foods, drinks and shopping. Not sure about Progresso though.

I know...that's kind of a bummer! I am sure there are others that will be on the ship with us. Perhaps they are not aware of the CC site. Sure would be nice to have a bigger group!

Well George... only 18 days until we sail (15 until we hit the road for Houston) and we just can’t seem to collect any more cruisers...what's up with that!?!

My group is getting pretty excited however and we keep finding pictures of the various 2.0 upgrade locations to send out to each other at random times to keep the anticipation at the most elevated levels possible. How are you and Jim holding up?

Well George... only 18 days until we sail (15 until we hit the road for Houston) and we just can’t seem to collect any more cruisers...what's up with that!?!

My group is getting pretty excited however and we keep finding pictures of the various 2.0 upgrade locations to send out to each other at random times to keep the anticipation at the most elevated levels possible. How are you and Jim holding up?

Hey! Counting down here. Jim is getting into the cruise mode. I keep encouraging him to read more and get involved here on Cruise Critics. We are REALLY looking forward to the Alchemy Bar and the cocktails. We want to do the Martini Tasting. You or any of your group into that? Looking forward to being in Galveston prior to sailing, and that will really get us into cruise/vacation mode. Plan on hanging out poolside at the swim up bar at the hotel! :D

Not much going on with the regular roll call either. At least our little grooup here is into the swing of things! Cheers!

Jim does need to get on the forums! It has definitely kept a level of excitement for me that I have not seen the others exhibit. I’ve tried convincing them to get on board as well. Some of them have pecked around but none have gotten into an active posting mode.

Our group will be into a lot of different things! We have our whiskey drinkers, vodka dieters and our beer chuggers. I am sure that we will be at the Alchemy sampling on multiple occasions! We have our lazy daisies that will be by the pool soaking up the rays, our active competitors that will join in the lido deck activities and tear up the onboard gym, and of course the gamblers/shoppers/foodies. Then of course, nights at the piano bar, disco, karaoke lounge!

Lots to do and it all goes by so quickly!

Jim does need to get on the forums! It has definitely kept a level of excitement for me that I have not seen the others exhibit. I’ve tried convincing them to get on board as well. Some of them have pecked around but none have gotten into an active posting mode.

Our group will be into a lot of different things! We have our whiskey drinkers, vodka dieters and our beer chuggers. I am sure that we will be at the Alchemy sampling on multiple occasions! We have our lazy daisies that will be by the pool soaking up the rays, our active competitors that will join in the lido deck activities and tear up the onboard gym, and of course the gamblers/shoppers/foodies. Then of course, nights at the piano bar, disco, karaoke lounge!

Lots to do and it all goes by so quickly!

Looking forward to meeting you and your group once on board. All of the above things you mentioned sound good to me. Are you or any in your group doing/considering the Chef's Table? We are doing that. The piano bar for late night cocktails sounds good too. Oh, and we are planning on spa time! Massages, shaves, etc.:cool:

We have decided against the Chef's Table. Just too many of us to commit to that. I am not even real sure that we will be doing many dinners in the FDR at all with so many other things going on, having to stop at a particular time to eat will most likely become too much of a round-up chore for my crazies!

We have considered spa time, but just my partner and I. Havent booked anything as of yet though.

Well gang, one week from today Jim and I motor down to Galveston to begin our vacation with some pre cruise days in the city prior to boarding. Excited? Hell yeah! I wanted to post something to keep this board closer to the top...hoping some others might join on. Are the eight of us who have been mentioned here the only LGBT people on board? Oh well....

The Alchemy Bar sounds really good but not sure how crowded it may be. Do you guys usually go to the FOD Meetings?

I have yet to be on a cruise where a well organized FOD meeting was held.(any cruise line, Celebrity being the absolute worse) The last couple of Carnival cruises listed it at the same time and same location as family events...and in stopping by I got odd and confused looks, then having to explain FOD...SO, I usually avoid them. However, knowing there will indeed be other LGBT folks I can be persuaded to attend and give it a try. Will look for it in the daily program.

I have actually had pretty good luck on Carnival with the FOD meetings. Nothing really overwhelming but at least 2-6 other people to show up. I think what happens is that if people do not attend and hang out at the first one, then others will do a drive by and see no one there and not attempt to return for the remainder of the cruise. We usually hang out since we are a good sized group anyway and will have fun even if no one else shows up. Also I typically keep an eye on the door and if I see a single or a couple walk up, try to encourage them in before they chicken out.

Archived