Royal Ocean Events- Seattle, WA

Hello All!

We want to have our wedding on embarkation day of an Alaskan cruise out of Seattle, WA and I can't find ANY reviews, comments, or anything on this company! :eek: The name is Royal Ocean Events and they coordinate weddings for Holland America, Carnival, and Princess Cruise Lines. Has anyone done a wedding or planning a wedding with this company? I am not comfortable with the fact that I can't even really find anyone who has used them. Any information would be great! Also, I'm not completely sold on any one of these lines, so any reviews for other cruise line weddings would also be greatly appreciated!

:D Thanks!

We are getting married May 19 on Holland America. Royal Ocean Events has been great to work with- VERY thorough and constant communication with us.

We had some "unique" requests that they took care of without a hitch.

Would not hesitate to recommend them to anyone!

We are getting married May 19 on Holland America. Royal Ocean Events has been great to work with- VERY thorough and constant communication with us.

We had some "unique" requests that they took care of without a hitch.

Would not hesitate to recommend them to anyone!

Thank you so much for your response! If you don't mind, I would like to keep in touch with you and see how it went. Choosing a cruise line for this is much more stressful than I thought. And although I'm sure your experience has been good, they didn't respond to my initial email and I had to call and leave a voicemail. Then they emailed me but needed to know which cruise line in order to send me to the right rep! That's my biggest concern! Would my wedding on cruise line A be nicer than cruise line B? So stressful and I just got started lol :confused:

Thank you so much for your response! If you don't mind, I would like to keep in touch with you and see how it went. Choosing a cruise line for this is much more stressful than I thought. And although I'm sure your experience has been good, they didn't respond to my initial email and I had to call and leave a voicemail. Then they emailed me but needed to know which cruise line in order to send me to the right rep! That's my biggest concern! Would my wedding on cruise line A be nicer than cruise line B? So stressful and I just got started lol :confused:

Feel free to email me. Holland America weddings are managed by the owner of Royal Ocean Events Tonia. We've had no issues getting in touch with her.

Really the main thing we had to choose was what kind of cake we wanted.

Feel free to email me. Holland America weddings are managed by the owner of Royal Ocean Events Tonia. We've had no issues getting in touch with her.

Really the main thing we had to choose was what kind of cake we wanted.

Hi again Frank! I was wondering if you would possibly do something. You said Holland America's weddings are managed by the owner of ROE... Is it possible for you to mention there is someone trying to get information? I emailed the website Friday, didn't hear back. Called last night and left a message and finally got an email back this morning. The lady, Tina Norman, said she would forward my email to the rep, but I still haven't heard anything and that was at noon her time. I wonder if Tonia has other people managing emails and voicemails and would like to know it's been kind of difficult to get the information I'm looking for. I'm kind of frustrated, but what do I do? It's not like we have a choice in planners. :(

• 6 months later...

I booked my wedding in January 2014 with Princess Cruises so it is also with Royal Ocean Events.

I had a change of wedding co-ordinator part way through. Most of the time they are fairly prompt at getting back to you but sometimes there is a lag. I have initiated most of the correspondence updating them of the guest list, providing documents they require. Completing their form with music, cake, reception choices etc.

It's now 52 days till we fly out and I'm waiting on the final contract confirmation that they said they were working on last week.

That's about it so far.

We planned our wedding with ROE - the office in B.C. is the one we used. ROE has the contract for all weddings on Princess, so there is no choice.

Our wedding turned out fine in the end, but there were a few hiccups in the planning department! Our assigned wedding planner was away when we first contacted them, so the receptionist Sarah took some of our details, sent out the forms we needed, and said that the planner would be in touch when she returned in 2 weeks. That was OK we thought. The wedding planner Sherryl finally phoned us, and we started all over with her. She didn't have much information it seemed and had not really read very closely the forms we had emailed back to ROE. Then when we thought we were getting organized with Sherryl, she went suddenly on stress leave ( nothing to do with us). We had a call from Sarah to tell us this, and tell us that Sherry had left no records of our wedding, so we had to begin again to explain what we wanted.

In the end the crew of the ship itself were amazing, and all the wedding details were taken care of very nicely by them, so it all turned out great. My advice: chose a wedding date on a sea day that is NOT right at the start of the cruise. Then you will have some time to sort things out if necessary once you get on board.