What can you tell me about Cabin 5184 on MS Zuiderdam?

We just got our cabin allotted for our Inside Passage cruise in September. The cabin is at the back of the ship so is the balcony or room any different than the pictures on the HAL website? Does anyone have any photos or links for me? We are lucky because we are travelling with friends and they are in 5186 which is next door. Is there a divider between each cabin's balcony. If so can it be moved?

Will it be too cold to sit out? Do the balconies have a roof?

Lots of questions but I love the way everyone helps out on these boards!

Thank you for your quick replies! Well we are really excited now! Joanie's page is really informative and the photos are great! Even if the aft is a bit rockier we will have plenty of sheltered fresh air to help us overcome any tummy rumbles! Cruise Critic is such a great community. Hopefully we might meet some of you on the cruise. Not many Aussies know about the site though!

Thank you for your quick replies! Well we are really excited now! Joanie's page is really informative and the photos are great! Even if the aft is a bit rockier we will have plenty of sheltered fresh air to help us overcome any tummy rumbles! Cruise Critic is such a great community. Hopefully we might meet some of you on the cruise. Not many Aussies know about the site though!

Actually, being centered on the aft will mean less rocking. On top of that, you will have a deeper balcony than if you were on the sides and an absolutely fantastic view! You should be very excited about this cabin -- you will love it!

We booked a VH guarantee for our honeymoon on the Noordam and ended up with 5185. You just can't beat that view of the wake, and your ports getting smaller and smaller as you leave them. LOVED it. I'm sure you will too! And the balcony is great. Have a great time!

Archived