So will Quantum have a "Royal Square"?

I can see this happening in the deck plans. The Idea of a 2 or 3 deck central square location seems to work well with Disney and NCL. It makes sense since the shipyard that built these ships will be building Quantum. I wouldn't be surprised seeing RCCL try something like this to change it up a bit. Saves a lot of space as well. Tall atriums and the long promenades are nice but if you can use that volume for cabins or more entertainment and dining space I say go for it! When I want wide open spaces I go out to the country. When I want go to sea, I want to be on a ship!

If the "square" is going to be located on the two decks we supposed would be the main dining room, then I wonder if they will be doing away with the main dining room all together and going the way of NCL. I wouldn't mind this as we like to dine exclusively in the specialty restaurants anyway, but I would be very saddened if the dress code went the way of NCL. Maybe I'm old fashioned, but I think the specialty dining venues should stay as they are with most men in sports coats and ties and the ladies in dresses. I like my dining experiences to be romantic and feel "special"... I can dress in jeans anywhere at home to eat.

A lounge based on NY's 'Rainbow Room' does not seem too far fetched either.

The fact Quantum does not seem to have a 'Royal Prom', 'Park', 'Boardwalk' or a tall Atrium, I think we can expect some sort of interesting-take on an Atrium?

A sort of 'market square' sounds cool.

If the "square" is going to be located on the two decks we supposed would be the main dining room, then I wonder if they will be doing away with the main dining room all together and going the way of NCL.

I seriously doubt that. Looking at the deck plans, it is pretty clear that the MDR is still there and will be the large 2 deck "More to come" sections on decks 3 and 4 just aft of the aft elevators.

This "Royal Square" would likely just be the name of the 2-deck high atrium area midship on decks 4 and 5 that is already showing a few venues typical of the usual Centrum. The only venues already named in that area are Guest Relations, 2 "retail" shops, Next Cruise, and Shore Excursions.

There are still 8 "More to come" locations surrounding this area. Some of these are very large. Since there are plenty of other "retail" shops already clearly marked on the deck plans, I doubt these "more to come" areas are more retail. They are likely to be specialty restaurants, bars, clubs, etc.

A lounge based on NY's 'Rainbow Room' does not seem too far fetched either.

The fact Quantum does not seem to have a 'Royal Prom', 'Park', 'Boardwalk' or a tall Atrium, I think we can expect some sort of interesting-take on an Atrium?

A sort of 'market square' sounds cool.

A Rainbow Room theme would be phenomenal! For those that are unfamiliar, it was the most glamorous restaurant in NYC. It was like stepping back in time with a full orchestra, art deco decor, a large dance floor and the most amazing views.

I miss it so much!

A Rainbow Room theme would be phenomenal! For those that are unfamiliar, it was the most glamorous restaurant in NYC. It was like stepping back in time with a full orchestra, art deco decor, a large dance floor and the most amazing views.

I miss it so much!

Didn't it have a revolving dance floor as well? It would be so cool to try to replicate the venue at sea :)

Didn't it have a revolving dance floor as well? It would be so cool to try to replicate the venue at sea :)

I don't think it did, I can't recall. However it was very Art Deco and you felt as if you were starring in a 30's musical. The huge dance floor with the tables surrounding it, the view of the Chrysler building, the elevator operators in their uniforms with brass buttons and caps..it was magical!

Archived