Seattle airline check in while still on ship

MikeySoft

The pier 66 web site states what I have below. The NCL ship we are on uses this pier. We plan to do this. Is there an extra charge on the ship to do this? We do not intend to use NCL's transportation to the airport.

From Seattle port web site:

"Onboard airline check-in and luggage handling. Guests can check in for their airline flight, print boarding passes and check their luggage; all while still on board their ship! Visit Guest Relations on your ship for more details."

We were going to use the pier to hold our luggage too until I found out we would have to get our luggage by no later than 3:30pm. Our flight doesn't leave until until 6:30 so that wasn't an option.

We have cruised Alaska from Seattle two times. We have used the E-Z check luggage which does give you your boarding pass and your airline luggage tags. Just set your luggage out the last night and pick it up at your home airport. When arriving at the airport in Seattle, by- pass the airline check in counter and go straight to the TSA line. So easy and well worth the extra $20.00 per bag. We use a towncar service (Already There). And they are "already there" when we get off the ship. It is soooo wonderful to not have to look for the luggage in the terminal. Love, Love, Love, E-Z check luggage!

Countrygirl44, the E-Z check bags system question...where and how do you get this? Do I go to customer relations desk on the ship? I would love to get rid of my bags the night before and just walk off with my carry-on. Sounds very simple, but need to know details..THANX!

Countrygirl44, the E-Z check bags system question...where and how do you get this? Do I go to customer relations desk on the ship? I would love to get rid of my bags the night before and just walk off with my carry-on. Sounds very simple, but need to know details..THANX!

I think around the fourth day of the cruise, information on E-Z check luggage will be in your door pocket. if you are interested, you complete the form and return it to the Purser's desk. It is fantastic and the cost is only $20.00 per bag plus the regular airline checked bag fee. To be able to put the bag out the last night and not have to handle it again until baggage claim at your home airport is fantastic! From the time you get off the ship, walk through the terminal and customs is only a matter of minutes....because you are not spending time trying to find your luggage in the "sea of suitcases". DH has one checked bag and I have one checked bag. What peace of mind and easiness of transfer from ship to airport is well worth that $40.00 bucks. There is a time limit of I think (no flight before noon and maybe before midnight on the day the ship arrives) .You cannot use it if you are flying out the next day.

IS this program for all airlines? Our travel mates leave at 11:30 pm-can they use this service? I believe they are flying American...

The papers you get that tells about EZ-Check has all the airlines that participates listed. I would think American is included. We were flying US Air both times. You might be able to call Princess and check. I hope they will be able to participate. Will make the day much better if you do not have to worry about the luggage.

I think around the fourth day of the cruise, information on E-Z check luggage will be in your door pocket. if you are interested, you complete the form and return it to the Purser's desk. It is fantastic and the cost is only $20.00 per bag plus the regular airline checked bag fee. To be able to put the bag out the last night and not have to handle it again until baggage claim at your home airport is fantastic! From the time you get off the ship, walk through the terminal and customs is only a matter of minutes....because you are not spending time trying to find your luggage in the "sea of suitcases". DH has one checked bag and I have one checked bag. What peace of mind and easiness of transfer from ship to airport is well worth that $40.00 bucks. There is a time limit of I think (no flight before noon and maybe before midnight on the day the ship arrives) .You cannot use it if you are flying out the next day.

Thank you, I have 1st bag is checked free with Delta. I wonder if I need to show some kind of proof for that? Don't really want to be charged if its free. But sounds like a wonderful idea to not have to worry about your bags until you get back to your home city.

Would I be correct that Southwest isn't a participating airline?

I cannot remember which airlines participate, however, I am thinking that most do. We were sailing with Princess. I tried to find the info on the website but could not. You might want to call the cruise line to see. It truly is worth the extra money!

We were 1day ahead of you on the Jewel , you must be on the Pearl?

Have a great time.

2fromaz,

I wanted to send you a private message. However PMs are disabled on CC. CC said the members want to keep privacy but told me to post my email is a public thread should I was email from someone????

Anyway, Both the Jewel and Pearl will be Skagway at the same time, most likely docked side by side. The Pearl will be arriving the day before in Juneau as the Jewel is departing for Tracy Arm (Sawyer Glacier). Just wanted you to know that I will post any good photos of the Jewel I may get.

Archived