Ironing facilities on Favolosa

Coolsox

Hi all, my cruise is just two weeks away today! I've just been reading that electrical appliances are not allowed on board. I'm a bit concerned about ironing my clothes. They Always come out of my suitcase looking a little worse for wear and I like to give them a quick once over when I unpack.

I have read that there is a laundry / ironing service but what times is this available? For example, I'm presuming the first night will be a formal night? My suit and shirt are likely to have a few creases I'd like to steam out before going to dinner. Will I be able to get them sorted?

First night is usually a casual night - highly unusual for an embarkation day to be a formal night.

I pack a poly bag of items I know will need pressing - as soon as we arrive - we give them to the Butler (or cabin steward if no butler) - and they are pressed and returned to us next day. Never a problem. Do this on all cruises.

Doubt you will have a formal night first night.

Irons for sure are banned.

• 4 weeks later...

Just got back a few days ago!

There are no ironing facilities and you are not allowed to take an iron onboard.

In your room you will find a couple of paper laundry bags and a price list / order form. I had a shirt washed and ironed. According to the order form it should av been around 5 euro, but I was only charged €2.40. I left the shirt out to be collected on the Tuesday evening and it was delivered back to me Thursday morning. You can pay extra for a same day service if required.

Archived