Easter on a cruise

carmel

We will on a cruise next Easter and I would love to hear of some suggestions on how I can make it 'Easter-ish' for my girls. I'm planning on a plastic egg hunt in the room. Does anyone have any idea on neat baskets? I can't haul their regular baskets on board so I was thinking of something that might blow up or a sand pail. I'm also gonna put a decoration on the door.

Any other suggestions???

THANKS!

We are almost always on vacation at Easter and I always try to do the same thing! So fun! I have done a sandpail and a straw hat as the baskets, and just recently in South Africa, I did an African basket (I wanted to keep! haha!) I have also just used a Easter Gift bag, which she loved, too, and I liked becasue I had it folded flat in the outside pocket of my suitcase and she never knew.

On the last Hawaiian cruise we did at Easter, Easter itself was Disembarkation Day and I just knew there was no way to keep the stuff hiddden in that tiny cabin all week. What I did was send Husband and Kayla back to the ship for some activity she wanted to do while I stayed in port to buy the stuff in Walmart. When I reboarded, I went straight to the concierge and aked them to hide it, which they did. I guess I could have also asked the room steward. It worked well.

• 3 weeks later...

We have cruised with our children twice over Easter Break & we brought colored grass & made little nests with candy (hard candies not chocolate) & a book and crayons & coloring books...

They were much younger & we explained the "easter bunny" could not get baskets onto the ship...

I am doing a group cruise over the easter week. I'm trying to get one of the bars or dineing areas that is not being used that day and try to do an easter egg hunt with plastic eggs. I will ship a box of stuff to my-self at the hotel I'm staying at before we leave. Then I will just check the box on to the ship this way I don't have to lug it around so much. Plastic easter eggs will start to take up room in the luggage!!!!

If any one is looking to cruise during Easter check out our CC Group Cruise!!!!!

Great Prices and $100 cabin credit!!!:)

Archived