Demographics on European cruises?

islandgals

Hi, we are on Sunshine next week and wonder what the breakdown in on these cruises? Are there still mostly Americans and Canadians or do people hop on from Spain or Italy like the Floridians do to the Caribbean cruises?

I've been told to expect mostly North Americans and any Europeans will be few and far between, with the majority of those coming from England, Scotland, Wales and Ireland.

It has to be expected in an English speaking boat. My experience is that Eurpoeans tend to go with lines like MSC and Costa

I always find there's a fair few Russians tho. Certainly found this on NCL

This is a breakdown of the current legend european sailing that I got from John Heald blog:

TOTAL GUESTS 2,185

BRITISH 437

CANADIAN 306

FRENCH CANADIAN 84

RUSSIAN 36

SPANISH 64

GUESTS UNDER 21 59

This is a breakdown of the current legend european sailing that I got from John Heald blog:

TOTAL GUESTS 2,185

BRITISH 437

CANADIAN 306

FRENCH CANADIAN 84

RUSSIAN 36

SPANISH 64

GUESTS UNDER 21 59

I take it the rest are from the USA? Where's the Irish?

Carnival have run a fairly extensive television advertising campaign in the UK over the winter and spring, I don't know how effective this will have been but it may increase the number of British and Irish cruisers.

When we were on the Magic two years ago, the figures I posted in my review estimated that about half were North American, but that only a small portion of the non-North American passengers spoke English as thier first language (e.g., from England). There will be a large chunk of passengers for whom English is not their first language and it will seem as if about half the conversations you hear will be other languages.

That said, Carnival makes no effort to provide a European flavor to the cruise. Other than the conversations from other passengers, it will sound exactly like a domestic-based cruise, which was one of the things that disappointed me most about Carnival in the Mediterranean.

Archived