Independence of the Seas - Cabin 9704

This is a E2 corner aft on Deck 9, but states it has a door and limited ocean view.

Can anyone advise if you have had this cabin and how you found it?

I have this cabin on hold so any information you could share would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

• 4 months later...
This is a E2 corner aft on Deck 9, but states it has a door and limited ocean view.

Can anyone advise if you have had this cabin and how you found it?

I have this cabin on hold so any information you could share would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

I know you posted this almost 5 months ago, But I was just in 9704 ... are you still looking for info about it???

see sticky thread

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1223724

by blocked view they mean you will possibly or will definatly see superstructure of ship.

I have never been disappointed. Some do have better views but they are all great in my opinion. Some have mostly sun and some lots of shade.

Yes Nancy I would. I have 9704 booked for an upcoming cruise in March.

Thank you so much!

Donna

I am trying to upload some Pics but I keep getting an error message...

Heres is the Review I am doing for another thread ... hope it helps

Ship - Independence Of the Seas

Deck - 9

Stateroom # - 9704

Stateroom Category – E2

Starboard or Port Side - Port

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – Very Quiet

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? - No

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Being an Corner AFT cabin, the view is breathtaking... Seriously, there is no comparison to the full view you get from that balcony..

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - I think it is a bit bigger then normal balcony's but it is somewhat of an odd shape, and there is a large beam next to the separation wall to the other balcony which kills a bit of your balcony space ... No sliding door for this cabin, we had a regular door (a little on the heavy side) leading out & a large round window... People from the deck above can look down to you perfectly if you are standing at the railing but you are more sheltered if sitting back against the window area... There were 2 lounges, 2 chairs & a small table and felt a bit cramped.. We kind of laid one of the loungers on its side so it was a little out of the way and it gave us so much more room...

Was wind a problem? - No different then outside at any other part of the ship

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? - We noticed a few specks here and there but for the most part No it wasn't a problem

Any specific problems with this cabin? - It is a bit away from the Elevator... and you do hear the grind and can feel motion from the propellers or azipod's or what ever they are, which didn't really bother me ... But the major downfall for us was, you feel EVERYTHING, I don't mind feeling the Ocean's movement, I actually find it quite relaxing normally ... but we hit a little bit of rough seas and it was really bad...

This is good information! Thanks for posting. We are booked in 9404 on the Freedom in December. My TA said it was an AFT which I was glad for, but I don't recall her telling me the unique configuration. We must be living right - we have an AFT for our Serenade Cruise in May.

Archived