Dubrovnik to Cavat

Could Dubrovniktraveladybplease advise me on getting a taxi from the ship in Dubrovnik to Cavat. Approximately how much would this be and how long should it take. We have visited Dubrovnik a few times and would like to see more of the area.

Could Dubrovniktraveladybplease advise me on getting a taxi from the ship in Dubrovnik to Cavat. Approximately how much would this be and how long should it take. We have visited Dubrovnik a few times and would like to see more of the area.

A taxi will cost about 250 kuna from Dubrovnik to Cavtat. Our Libertas #10 bus departs from the main bus terminal located in the Gruz harbor and the cost is 20 Kuna per person. You might also look into taking the small ferry from the old harbor located in the old part of town, cost is 50 Kuna one way and 80 Kuna round trip. Taxi takes about 15 minutes, ferry about 45 minutes and the bus is about 1/2 hour. Cavtat is lovely and a great place to enjoy a leisurely lunch and stroll on the Riva.

Thank you for your quick response. If the seas are calm we may take a boat, I am a little worried about buses if we get on the wrong one! Really looking forward to our visit , we love your part f the world.

Thank you for your quick response. If the seas are calm we may take a boat, I am a little worried about buses if we get on the wrong one! Really looking forward to our visit , we love your part f the world.

You need not worry about the getting on the wrong bus, #10 is the only Cavtat bus and it is easily recognized. The road trip from the harbor to Cavtat is magnificent, especially if you are sitting on the right side as it travels along the sea. My suggestion is to use the bus to reach Cavtat and return by ferry. Just make sure to allow sufficient time as you will then need to reach the port.

Do enjoy your limited time here.

Libertas #10 departs the main bus terminal from 0800 until 1330 every half hour during high season.

http://www.libertasdubrovnik.com/prigradski.pdf

Ferries from the old port normally leave about every hour, they return from the Riva (waterfront) from Cavtat. Can't miss the small stands at the seaside selling tickets.

• 1 month later...
Hi, is it possible to pay on the bus/ ferry or do I need to buy tickets in advance?

You can only pay the driver for the Cavtat bus, 20 Kuna per person one way. It is best to have the exact amount as drivers do not carry enough cash to make change for larger denominations.

There is a small booth for Cavtat ferry where you purchase your ticket, 50 Kuna one way and 80 round trip.

Archived