!!! BREAKAWAY !!! To Bermuda ^_^ Our Ultimate Review and Complete Pictorial Guide!

gambee

At 9:15 the manager asked us if everything was ok, I asked if he could check on our food as we had been waiting for over 25 minutes. After that the server came very fast and told us the food would be right out.

At 9:25 the fruit came out… Really only the fruit?!?!?! ughhhh.

DSC06715_zps46e7dc6c.jpg

About 10 minutes later everything else came out. It was then that I decided to never do MDR for breakfast again. I think it took us almost an hour to eat that morning.

Mom's

DSC06717_zps95001d64.jpg

and mine, very good.

DSC06719_zps6452cbfa.jpg

Overall the food was very good, but it just took forever to get it. The server was very nice though.

DSC06743_zps221683c2.jpg

DSC06744_zpsd679fc05.jpg

DSC06746_zps9832113e.jpg

By the way since I am looking for a new underwater camera. I decided to look at this camera on Amazon, and the ship had it for the same price as Amazon. Just incredible! On celebrity the markup was ridiculous.

DSC06749_zpsacf7d9f8.jpg

DSC06750_zpscfaf099b.jpg

DSC06753_zps4ef004ea.jpg

So after that we decided to go to customer service to see what was going on with the balcony light and to talk about Ocean Blue.

Let me stop here and tell you the background about Ocean Blue. I think tried making reservations for ocean Blue ahead of time every other day. I also tried calling and making the reservations. But NCL, had set up the system that only groups of 4 people could make the reservation ahead of time. Honestly do you want to know what I think, I think they already knew that they were going to raise the price from $35 to $50 and by limiting the groups to tables of 4 it would limit the amount of people that could book it at $35. You can only imagine when I was in the waiting room waiting to board and I saw that Blue had gone up to $50, I was so upset. The ironic part was that one time I was on the phone with a NCL rep and I asked her, "You guys are not doing this to increase the price on board?". As you can imagine her response was no, she said it might be a glitch on the system or something.

So anyway, I wanted to go and try to explain my situation and see if I could maybe dine in blue for the original $35 cover charge. As you can imagine we ended up with another very dry fellow in the desk who was of no good to us and offered no help what so ever. It was almost as he had no intention to hear out my story at all. I even asked him if there was someone above from him who I could talk to, and he said "you wont get anything like that accomplish, the prices are set and they are what they are". I was a little frustrated by his response, I kind of new already that they would not honor the price anyway, but once again the way he addressed me made me feel a little bad. Before leaving I told him to check on the call to maintenance for our balcony light and he said there was nothing in the system, so he added it for us and he said that someone would be up there to check it later.

It was then that I decided that I would not go to the customer service desk again. I was just left with a sour taste in your mouth, there are ways of approaching people to make feel like at least he tried to do something. It is not like I wanted something for free, I was going to pay, all I wanted was for them to honor the $35.

By the way there were a few lucky people from our voyage that managed to book the reservations fro $35 and they were honored. I think the system looked itself up after some time, not really sure what happened.

From talking to people I gathered that Blue is very good, if not excellent. But most people were on the fence as to wether the restaurant is worth the actual $50. I might try it next time, but not sure. We did true the raw bar and it was tasty, so I can imagine that Blue should be very good.

I tried to forget about it, and we headed upstairs to the pool deck to check out the weather and take some pictures. The weather was pretty cloudy and there were just a handful of people up there.

DSC06759_zpsebb51b79.jpg

DSC06760_zpsfdfba02a.jpg

Mom wanted to see what they had for sale in the market place, but they were not open yet. They have some sales there, but of the stuff is New York clothing and not Breakaway.

DSC06761_zps7bac1ea8.jpg

DSC06762_zps32be2640.jpg

An one more of the pool, it was pretty empty.

DSC06763_zps388835cb.jpg

Edited by gambee

DSC06783_zps3c1cd8c1.jpg

DSC06784_zps0a1d91e2.jpg

DSC06785_zpsd61b929b.jpg

Ok I have to run to work, but I figure I got out something before I head to work. I know it was not my best morning, actually I think it was my worst morning :D. But things get better, no worries. :)

Hope you don't mind Gambee, but I thought I'd answer one part of the question.

We took my then 11 year old daughter to Slam Allen's early show on the Epic a few times during the week (stood at the edge so as not to take up seats knowing we may need to leave). She loved him!!!

Thanks very much. Definitely happy to get your perspective as well as the Gambee's.

Gambee,

I thought you and your followers would be interested in knowing this. So I am now 45 days out and I call NCL to book my shows. Based on your recommendation even thou I haven't read your review on the seating at Cirque I decided to book standard seating. GUESS WHAT? There is no longer standard and premium seating. All seats are now $39.99 and are on a first come first serve basis. This really irks me because I know someone who is on the same cruise but was able to book 55 days out and got standard seating for $29.99. Even thou I had no intention of booking a spa pass that price has now been increased to $199 for the week. NCL is really trying to nickel and dime everyone. More increases to come!!!

Yeah, I was able to downgrade from premium to standard just a week or two ago. Lame that they increased the pricing, but at least they're paying attention.

gambee-

I forgot, did you get the beverage package on NCL? the prices look at bit steep and would add up if you did not have a package.

great review.

No, i bought two bottles of vodka and I had some wine from my Cruise consultant and Shaun. Keep in mind that everyone in the room has to buy the package.

No, i bought two bottles of vodka and I had some wine from my Cruise consultant and Shaun. Keep in mind that everyone in the room has to buy the package.

I decided i am not going to do the UBP mainly because when we went to Bermuda last year on the Star I was NEVER on the boat except to eat breakfast and dinner while docked. So that is 3 full days that i will not be on the boat to put the UBP to use.

I decided i am not going to do the UBP mainly because when we went to Bermuda last year on the Star I was NEVER on the boat except to eat breakfast and dinner while docked. So that is 3 full days that i will not be on the boat to put the UBP to use.

We had it on X and I could not break even. I had so much to drink, it was ridiculous.

What's wrong with Mary Poppins? It's a classic! LOL

I never liked it. But where I was trying to go with that argument was that most of the movies were very dated. If you wanted something newer you had to pay for it.

Gambee you are the Lewis & Clark trailblazing hero for all of us to follow. No better way to be prepared for our upcoming trip than yours and sliceoflife's reviews. Thank you guys so much!

You're very welcome. Glad we can be of help :).

THANK YOU VERY very much for taking the pictures of the drink menu! This is SO helpful.

I am getting the UBP and there are drinks I think I will try just because they look like, price wise, I will be able to get with the package. The only thing I see I can't get is a Margaritta, since the only one listed is a "premium" margaritta.

I did not see any Bloody Marys listed in your menu. Did you see them on board and do you have an idea of how much they were. I am hoping that these, too, are included in the price.

Now stop working and get back to your real job...making all of us so happy on the CC!

Thank you Gambee.

THANK YOU VERY very much for taking the pictures of the drink menu! This is SO helpful.

I am getting the UBP and there are drinks I think I will try just because they look like, price wise, I will be able to get with the package. The only thing I see I can't get is a Margaritta, since the only one listed is a "premium" margaritta.

I did not see any Bloody Marys listed in your menu. Did you see them on board and do you have an idea of how much they were. I am hoping that these, too, are included in the price.

Now stop working and get back to your real job...making all of us so happy on the CC!

Thank you Gambee.

I have two more drink menus I think, but they are later in the week. To be honest I did not even read these menus. I just opened them and snapped pictures. But I could not imagine them not having bloody Marie's.