Awww Man!!! Looks like it's gonna rain on me

MontiD

:( Leaving in a couple of days..and looks like rain in the forecast for most of the ports we'll be in. Hopefully, the weather forecasters are as reliable as the ones here in Texas! If it calls for rain..we might get a few clouds :rolleyes: First trip to Alaska, just hoping for blue skies. I know..I know..I'm living in my own fantasy world of what I want in Alaska. Should I take an umbrella..or is my rain jacket with hood going to be enough?

I can't speak for the weather channel but we left for Seattle on June 1 for a June 4 cruise with the weather predicted to be gray and in the low 60s... with showers.. Our group had no rain in Seattle and NONE on the cruise and it was low 80's in Juneau, 70's in Yukon and no rain in Ketchikan etc.. we had some at sea on Thursday night and a little Friday but that was it.. so don't always believe long range forecasts.. that being said I really really hope it doesn't rain on you all the time

:( Leaving in a couple of days..and looks like rain in the forecast for most of the ports we'll be in. Hopefully, the weather forecasters are as reliable as the ones here in Texas! If it calls for rain..we might get a few clouds :rolleyes: First trip to Alaska, just hoping for blue skies. I know..I know..I'm living in my own fantasy world of what I want in Alaska. Should I take an umbrella..or is my rain jacket with hood going to be enough?

MontiD - we live in East Texas and are in the middle of a drought with temps expected to be 99 Friday. We are headed for Alaska in 2 days also and it won't matter if it pours every day. It is soooo beautiful and all the excursions won't miss a beat. 2003 we were on Capt. Larry's Whale Tour and saw "tons" of whales, orcas, seals, etc. in the middle of a heavy downpour. We never used an umbrella, just take a waterproof rainjacket with hood. Under that we wore jeans, t-shirt, flannel shirts &/or lightweight fleece vest or jacket. You are gonna love it.

They predicted rain for the whole time we were there. It sprinkled twice, once in Sitka for a few seconds and once in Skagway for a few seconds. It was sunny and beautiful when we were in Juneau and in Victoria.

FOR SALE:

TWO RAIN PONCHOS, NEVER USED. STILL IN THE ORGINAL PACKAGING.

When we were in Sitka it was the perfect weather to hoof it up to the Raptor Center without breaking a sweat.

hope you're right- I've been looking at those 10-day forecasts and they make me sick- my friends have been on earlier cruises this season with gorgeous sunny skies- says 60% chance of rain in Juneau and Skagway- we leave in 2 days for Seattle

Thanks for the input everyone! I feel better :D Rain or Shine, it's going to be an awesome trip. Hey...look below...my trip calander is almost out of days!! Whoohooo. I started counting 10 months ago!!

Guest enjoycruises

We were in Vancouver 6/10-6/12 and it was drizzling there. When I looked at the weather prior to sailing the reports were for rain and temps in the 50's. That did NOT happen! skagway had fog and drizzles until we went up in the mountains and the temps were abt 58 up there with the sun shining. Juneau was high 50's to mid 60s and Ketchikan was almost 90. Needless to say, we shlepped mittens, earmuffs and polar fleece for nothing.:eek:

It was near 90, hot, humid, and miserable when we left New Orleans June 7th. When we changed planes at Salt Lake temps were 39, and an average of mid 60's with light, scattered rain during the week of our cruise, a minor inconvenience considereding what we came from. My philsophy is - always expect rain in Ketchikan and you won't be disappointed. As it was, the rain managed to hold off until the very end of the day, and came just as we were boarding the ship.

Well, it has been POURING here for two days. but it is supposed to clear up tomorrow until Saturday then (sorry) rain again for about three days. Seattle clue, however: Only tourists use umbrellas here unless it is a literal downpour. Bring your rainhat and water resistant jacket, and no one will ever know the difference.

The forecast was 70% chance of rain the whole week we were cruising and it only rained in Ketchikan. We came prepared for rain everytime we left the ship (I like to think that we scared the rain off by being prepared :) ).

Archived