Celebration Dining Deal - Chops Grille

Can anybody help me with a question regarding the Available Speciality Restaurants Celebration Dining Deals shown on my online Pre-Cruise Planner?

There is an option on Chops Grille at £19.80 GBP and Portofino £13.20 GBP, each for a Day 1 or Day 2 reservation of four people or more, and each including a $30 US credit for drinks during the meal. When I click on them individually, they each say "This package is valid at Chops Grille, Portofino, and Giovanni's Table specialty restaurants" . (I don't believe that the Liberty of the Seas has a Giovanni's but that isn't the issue).

Unless I'm missing something, this suggests that both options are identical and can be taken up for either Chops or Portofino, except for the price. In other words I could click on the Celebration Dining Deal - Portofino and eat at Chops instead for £13.20 pp instead of £19.80. I wonder also why there is such a big difference in cover charge between the two restaurants.

Also, if I don't reserve ahead of the cruise, am I just risking losing out on my chosen day/time or might the cover charge be different on board, perhaps more expensive and maybe without the $30 beverage credit?

Unless I'm missing something, this suggests that both options are identical and can be taken up for either Chops or Portofino, except for the price. In other words I could click on the Celebration Dining Deal - Portofino and eat at Chops instead for £13.20 pp instead of £19.80. I wonder also why there is such a big difference in cover charge between the two restaurants.

No, you can't swap cover charges between the restaurants. If you go a bit further in the reservation process, you have to choose which restaurant you're reserving and it'll pull up the price for that restaurant. As far as why there's a difference in the cover charge, my guess is that demand for Chops Grille is higher, so it has the higher cover charge.

Also, if I don't reserve ahead of the cruise, am I just risking losing out on my chosen day/time or might the cover charge be different on board, perhaps more expensive and maybe without the $30 beverage credit?

If you reserve onboard, you won't be able to get the $30 beverage credit. The price for the restaurants will be the normal price in USD ($20 for Portofino and $30 for Chops Grille), charged to your SeaPass account. (I am assuming that the prices you're seeing in GBP are comparable to the normal USD prices. The only special feature of this package is the $30 in beverage credit as a promotion for booking online in advance and dining on Day 1 or 2.)

Archived