MCO airport hotel pre cruise

If you are not getting in too late, consider taking the 45 min drive to Cocoa beach and stay there. Some nice, reasonable hotels and restaurants there, plus some hotels have free shuttles to the port. Check out the Florida Departures board for more ideas.

Has anyone one stayed here and shuttled over the next morning? How was it?

I've stayed in the Hyatt Regency in the Orlando Airport 3 times. Each time it was fantastic. Shuttling over the next morning is no problem. One year, I didn't even have pre-arranged transport to get from the hotel to ship. That was no problem either. I asked for a taxi and was given a choice of wait 5 minutes for a taxi or take a private car immediately. The ride from the airport to port is about 35 to 45 minutes.

A lot of people stay at the Radisson at the port. http://www.radisson.com/cape-canaveral-hotel-fl-32920/flcocoa We stayed their in June 2011 before our cruise on Freedom. It was a nice hotel and we had a good price with the Petite Guest Room type. It only shows up when you check for reservations, there was no write-up on the room on their page that I could see.

I need to know how do we get from the airport to the hotel in cocoa beach? how far is the airport from the port ? I don't like to fly because of all the extra work and worried about missing planes and stuff .

I vote for the Hyatt inside the airport also. We use it mostly when flying out as we usually have early flights. If coming in late and depending on time zone you are on I would maybe go to a hotel closer to the port and stuff to do rather than get stuck around the airport with not much to do.

I need to know how do we get from the airport to the hotel in cocoa beach? how far is the airport from the port ? I don't like to fly because of all the extra work and worried about missing planes and stuff .

We do a one-way car rental. Cost for us is about $70 plus gas and tolls. There are several agencies in the Cocoa Beach area that have free shuttles to the port, such as Avis, Budget, and Hertz.

The port is about 35 to 45 minutes from the airport. Are you looking for driving directions or a mode of transportation?

Mode of transportation from airport to port and/or Cocoa Beach is usually taxi/private car/shuttle bus.

thanks for the quick responds I am going to find a taxi company at the airport .

If you prefer not to rent a car, then a shuttle service will be less expensive than a taxi. We've used Cocoa Beach Shuttle and Travelynx several times with good results.

My wife and I are going on a back 2 back next May out of Port Canaveral, and we too, are probably making more work out of something simple. So far, we've been undecided on whether or not to stay at the Hyatt Orlando Airport, then have transportation already booked from that hotel to the ship, then, back from the ship to airport. Or, possibly stay in Cocoa Beach at the Radisson, Country Inn & Suites, or another hotel, and pay for the transportation from Orlando airport to their hotel, hotel to ship, ship to airport through them.

My main concern is to be a a hotel that is fairly new, with newer and clean rooms, and not that old worn out look and musty smell since I have pretty good asthma issues. Every hotel I've checked has different opinions of all hotels, just like most people have a different opinion of a particular cruise they took.

Last...not sure if it's less stressful to get a rent a car one way to the port, then one way back, or just pay for the shuttles, even if they cost a bit more. Well, another college assignment here to determine what to do.

Thanks

Dave

My main concern is to be a a hotel that is fairly new, with newer and clean rooms, and not that old worn out look and musty smell since I have pretty good asthma issues. Every hotel I've checked has different opinions of all hotels, just like most people have a different opinion of a particular cruise they took.

Thanks

Dave

I'm not sure how old The Hyatt Regency at the airport is, but the rooms and hotel are in fantastic shape (as you would expect from the Hyatt Regency).

Loved the Hyatt Regency at MCO the last time we stayed there.

Check to see if they still accept stay certificates as they were a great way to save $$$ on the room rates- basically buy yourself a gift certificate good for 1 night stay and redeem it when you arrive- just make sure they still accept them and they aren't running better specials than the stay certificate costs.

Thanks for the info. If we decide to stay in Orlando and rent a car, we will probably stay at the Hyatt.

If we decide to stay on Cocoa Beach, I think I've narrowed it down to either the Radisson, Country Inn & Suites, or Residence Inn.

We would prefer the Radisson because of its pool bar, and nice pool and grounds, but have been told that the place is looking old, and the rooms really ned updating. But, someone else said they have been updating or renovating their rooms, so, we should ask for a renovated room, if they haven't completed full renovations. Not sure if this is all true or not.

I am currently sitting in my room at Hampton inn at cocoa beach & this hotel is great! I booked a fly, snooze, & cruise package through Hampton inn. Think it is costing me about $150 for the room & all shuttles included!

They pick u up from MCO & shuttle u to the hotel. Next day they shuttle u to the cruise ship. Then pick u up & take u back to the airport too!

I have a later flight so they even offered that I could hang at the hotel after the cruise for free. Then they will take me around 2pm to the airport!

Hotel is nice. Has free coffee/tea station all day & hot cooked breakfast in the morning also. Oh & has an outdoor pool & access to the beach!

Hello NJSharon...Thanks for the information. Can you possibly describe your thoughts on the quality of the rooms, cleanliness, bathroom, carpets, etc. Some people have had positive things to say, and others have made it sound like we should stay away.

So many choices in that area for hotels.

Dave

If u can wait until Tuesday I will take some pics for u & upload them then!

I get back from my cruise Monday.

But room is nice. Carpets I would give 8 out of 10, beds 9/10, bathroom 8/10. Carpet is not stained & clean, just basic carpet.

Bathroom is 2 sinks, toilet, tub/shower. Could maybe do with being a bit bigger, but adequate!

Also has a fridge & microwave in the room.

I booked a balcony by the way & overlook the pool & can also see the ocean.

Front desk has been great. I said I was going to go out for lunch so they lent me an umbrella as there's been some pop up light showers. They also stowed my suitcase for me as I arrived at 11.45am & room wasn't ready. Came back at 12.30pm & room was ready.

Will take lots of pics though & look for my review on Tuesday!

There is a bistro in the hotel next door so we are going to check that out for dinner tonight. Basic long John silvers & Taco Bell walking distance. Then front desk said there is a nice Italian place across the street.

Also saw a big tourist type store across the street too.

We have stayed twice at the Embassy Suites right by the airport- we had flights that arrived around 6pm. Big rooms, wonderful hors douvres and complimentary beverages in the lounge-including 'adult' beverages...and a nice restaurant menu as well. Big cooked to order breakfast..

We have 2 teens and a tween and there was plenty of room for all of us.

our car service picked us up in the morning- very easy!

We just don't feel like picking up the luggage, getting a rental,shoving it in the trunk, etc after a day worth of travel.

Hello NJSharon...Thanks very much for your time and help. I hate to be so picky. Must be the OCD in me. Since our cruise isn't until next May 4th, (back 2 back cruises...can't wait,) I will look forward to your photos.

From what you have described, The Hampton seems to rank int he top 3 to 5 choices, maybe higher because they include all of the transportation into the room rate. Very convenient to pay just one price, and pay one place.

Thanks again.

Archived