Any packing tips for less wrinkling?

msdebbe

There are several methods - this is what works for me. Got this system from a friend of my parents, who owned a dry cleaning company. I have never had to have anything pressed on arrival, and sometimes my bags have been packed 2-3 days before embarkation.

Put the garments on hangers. I find suit hangers very useful as it allows layering. For instance a pair of pants and a long skirt clipped on the bottom. A Sparkly top then another blouse over that. I'll also hag a straight dress under a fuller one. Fill hangers this way the put two or three hangers in each dry cleaner bag. Try to keep the lengths about the same inside each bag. I generally end up with three bagged bundles.

Open up your suitcase and lay the bundle with the longest garment into it lengthwise, with the hanger and excess excess length of the garment hanging over the end of the suitcase. You want to put the very bottom hem of the longest item against the wall of the suitcase. Next bundle goes in the same way, but with the hanger on the opposite end. Third bundle, same thing, reversing the side with the hanger again.

Gently press everything down, shaping it to the suitcase.

Now fill the space with t shirts, undies, etc. this is the perfect place to put your packing cubes.

Next take the hanger of the last bundle you put in and fold it back over the packing cubes, bags, or whatever you used. Then the second bundle and finally the first.

When you get onboard simply unfold the bags, put your other items in drawers or wherever, and hag up the three bundles. Done!

Archived