Norway and SIM Card

There are some older threads on this, but I wanted to get the most update information on this.

Is there a place in Olso where I can get a pay as you go SIM card for data only? Is there a place I could order one online and have it shipped to me so that I could have it before I arrive (ship to Canada)? If people have gotten them before are there English instructions on how to use it and top it up?

Also does anybody know if these SIM cards will work in the following ports:

Stavanger, Norway

Flam, Norway

Alesund, Norway

Geiranger, Norway

Olden, NorwayBergen, Norway

Harwich, England - I tried ordering a SIM from O2 but apparently they won't ship to Canada, but said they are available at the Airport.

Thanks for any Guidance on this.

Chris

There are some older threads on this, but I wanted to get the most update information on this.

Is there a place in Olso where I can get a pay as you go SIM card for data only? Is there a place I could order one online and have it shipped to me so that I could have it before I arrive (ship to Canada)? If people have gotten them before are there English instructions on how to use it and top it up?

Also does anybody know if these SIM cards will work in the following ports:

Stavanger, Norway

Flam, Norway

Alesund, Norway

Geiranger, Norway

Olden, NorwayBergen, Norway

Harwich, England - I tried ordering a SIM from O2 but apparently they won't ship to Canada, but said they are available at the Airport.

Thanks for any Guidance on this.

Chris

I used my one sim card in Norway with great results.

Signed up to the data plan 500 mg for $100 and used it in Norway and Baltic.

Speed was good,i didn't bother using ships internet.

Used the phone instead for internet.

It's all pre paid....no surprises.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 2

Just about any mobile shop in Oslo can hook you up with a pay-as-you-go SIM. I'm not sure about data-only, but you could get a normal prepaid SIM and just not use the phone functionality.

Last time my parents visited, I bought them a prepaid SIM to use while they were here. I just popped into the NetCom shop in the OsloCity mall downtown and bought the card. It took about 10 minutes. For data, I believe their recharge options are 100 MB for Kr.149 or 200 MB for Kr.199. The "start pack" with the SIM and a very small amount of credit is around Kr.30

Off the top of my head, two of the common mobile shops are Telekiosken and the NetCom shops, and there are locations all over Oslo:

http://www.telekiosken.no/v%C3%A5re-kiosker.aspx

https://netcom.no/butikk

The people I've dealt with in the shops always speak great English, and setting it up pretty much just means putting in the SIM (assuming you have an unlocked phone) and waiting a few minutes. In addition to what you buy in the shop along with the SIM, you can buy credit at just about any convenience store by asking for a [name of phone company] recharge card. Then you just dial a number from your phone and enter the credit code. I've been using a prepaid phone card for the last 6 years, because I don't use my phone enough to justify a subscription.

Archived