Solstice departure time Auckland NZ

Hi everyone

I was wondering if anyone had any information on the embarkation time for the Celebrity solstice from auckland on the 10/12/13. I have been looking to book this cruise for some time now and with the recent free flights promotion Iam about to book.

One of the things that I was considering doing in auckland prior to departure was the sky tower jump. My main concern is that with the flights being the same day that there might not be enough time to do this. So would anyone know:

-what time embarkation would stop, departure is listed as 8pm on itinerary?

-what flight times would be, or what carrier the celebrity promotion is with?

I already contacted royal caribbean when the promotion first started to see the cost in moving the flight earlier one day, they said they would not be able to change the flight at all without charging me full price for the airfare.

From experience with P&O australia it is generally not possible to get off the boat after you board, unless at your first stop.

Thanks

Tricky

P&O Pacific Dawn - Febuary 2011

P&O Pacific Pearl - September 2012

Hi Tricky - x

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

Boarding usually closes 2 hours before departure from my understanding. This allows for muster etc.

You can check your luggage in alot earlier, perhaps 11am onwards. This would allow you to go off and do the jump, if you pre-book.

It is always advisable to arrive the day before to ensure you allow for delays. If you are leaving Sydney the same day remember there is 2hr time difference plus 3.5hrs. Not sure what time you were planning to fly over but I don't think you could fly in, do a jump and board by 6pm. Could be very tight!

By the way - check out the Roll Call for this cruise http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1754610 it is active and probably has heaps of goods information

Archived