Carnival Legend menu question

crusing48/51

Can anyone tell me if the menu in the MDR has changed on the Legend, while she is sailing in Europe? Just wondering if there is more of a European flair to the food since that is where she is now. Thanks!

Hey

I can't find the exact blogs/post but John Heald mentioned that they were going to do a Germany themed night whilst leaving Germany with German beers and wursts (amazing german sausage) this is on the 12 day Baltic summer cruises but I am guessing they will for yours?

He also mentioned having additional breakfast items such as thick back bacon and British banger sausages.

On his fb he also posted the menu each night and it was the same as what I had seen on zydeco cruiser's menu site so the mdr menu does not seem to be changing.

I am on her in August so I will let you know, as being a local I know good british bacon/sausage when I taste it ;)

Thank you Velvetwater! I was hoping for some authentic Irish, Scottish, French, and Norwegian food. We are on the Legend for the British Isles cruise September 13, and are hoping for some local flavors to show up on the menu.

Can anyone tell me if the menu in the MDR has changed on the Legend, while she is sailing in Europe? Just wondering if there is more of a European flair to the food since that is where she is now. Thanks!

We just got off the 12 day Mediterranean cruise on the legend (May 4 -16) and there was no difference between the MDR menu and the one that we had on the Valor in the Caribbean last May. The food was wonderful, but did not represent any of the countries that we visited. I am glad to hear that they are considering doing that for your cruise. You will love the Legend!

Have a wonderful cruise and do not miss the Enchanted Forest in the front of the ship. It is very cool. I just wish we would have more time to hang out there, but our cruise was very intense with long excursions each day.

Thank you liz2323! We have sailed on the Legend before, and found the Enchanted Forest. Had my picture taken in one of the windows!

I'm thinking we may not get any menu changes, but possibly a "taste" of local foods, like Velvetwater said. We'll find out in September!

we are doing the Baltic cruise July 15th on Legend and I was wondering the same thing - it would be nice if they had some local items on the menu :) To crusing 48/51 - Rotties? Dobes here!

we are doing the Baltic cruise July 15th on Legend and I was wondering the same thing - it would be nice if they had some local items on the menu :) To crusing 48/51 - Rotties? Dobes here!

Yes Fitzmar! We have two spoiled rotten Rotties. The youngest is 3 and the older is her Uncle, he's soon to be 6. We got Christa as a puppy, and rescued Onyx, only to find out it's our dog's Uncle. It was fate stepping in, as they are inseparable now!

Would love to see picks of your "babies".

Yes Fitzmar! We have two spoiled rotten Rotties. The youngest is 3 and the older is her Uncle, he's soon to be 6. We got Christa as a puppy, and rescued Onyx, only to find out it's our dog's Uncle. It was fate stepping in, as they are inseparable now!

Would love to see picks of your "babies".

I have a mother/son/granddaughter combination right now - I actually have a website - Fitzmar is my "kennel" name - no actual kennel or I'd never be able to go on a cruise :D ... and we love to cruise! Kudo's to you for rescuing - I'm involved (in a small way) in the local Doberman rescue here.

The MDR menus are standard Carnival menus except that the don't repeat so you do get a bigger variety of food, including more steaks, but no, they won't feature local specialties.

I think I did acquire all of the current Carnival menus on our Carnival Sunshine cruise - even some from Australia :eek:, but haven't posted yet.

Archived