Booked with our worldpoints, now what to do with points accrued this yr?

We cashed in all of our world points toward our RC cruise next May. Bank of America travel agent says we can only redeem our points once for this reservation so whatever we accrue throughout the year we can't keep putting towards the cruise as we are only able to redeem points once. I think this is ridiculous! Regardless, what have you all done when you have booked your cruise a yr out and have a year worth of points still to accrue? Do you try to redeem them for cash through the bank as it gets closer to your sale date??

My BOA reward points are good for all kinds of things. You have to leave their travel section on the rewards website. I haven't been to that site for awhile so I don't remember what it looks like but I know there are other sections. The points can be redeemed for restaurants, merchandise or even cash. I last used mine to get a check sent to me for $100 and before that I got a really nice vacuum cleaner and a leaf mulcher. A few years ago I redeemed for a Visa gift card.

Archived