What beaches in Grand Turk?

july128

I have never been before so I have absolutely no idea about anything so pardon the possibly silly questions :p I heard there is a beach within walking distance of the boat. How far is it? What restaurants are around this beach and are they expensive? Does the beach have any thing you can rent or any activities for children? My husband said there is something about a space shuttle or something landing there. Is there anything free about that? Also, is there anything within walking distance besides a beach? I really want to make this port as low cost as possible, but I have heard it's beautiful so I want to take advantage of that too. Any suggestions or details from your experiences would be appreciated!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The beach is to the left and the right of the pier. The right side is rocky, the left side has a sand beach and rocky bottom. Water shoes are a good option.

You will have to walk through a store(Duffy's) and then take a left. We sailed June 8th on the Liberty and by the time we got to the beach another Carnival boat had gotten there before us, and there were towels on every beach chair. No people just towels. We searched for an hour, went to Margaritaville and found nothing there and wound up back on the boat. The water and Grand Turk is beautiful, just make sure if there are 2 boats in port that you get off the boat early. We could have probably found a place to the right but I just had a total knee replacement and did not want to walk across rocks to get to the water

Not rocks actually, just not a sandy bottom like most of us are used to at a beach. The slope and the entrance to the left are nice and gentle, just might to want to wear water shoes because the bottom is not sandy

Archived