So Confused!! What's the deal with cabin 1054, Serenade!?!?

I have a question about that cabin does anyone know if you can see the balcony next door? We have cabin 1052 but might change to 1554.

thanks

I''m going to be in 1052 also. I read a review from someone who was in 1050 that they could see and be seen on their balcony from that Family Suite.

I guess that would go for most of the balconies on that side. I'll find out in April.

I could have chosen 1554, but I have seen pictures from that balcony, and there is no more privacy on that one either.

You can see into other balconies as well as 1528. If you can see them, they can see you.

I'll just make sure I'm dressed when I have my morning coffee :D

Cabin 1054 is in the space that used to be the Concierge Lounge. After the ship went into dry dock they made it into a 2 room family suite. I believe that it does have a small

balcony.

No balcony. I was just on the Serenade and 2 rooms away. Large windows

but no balcony.

I''m going to be in 1052 also. I read a review from someone who was in 1050 that they could see and be seen on their balcony from that Family Suite.

I guess that would go for most of the balconies on that side. I'll find out in April.

I could have chosen 1554, but I have seen pictures from that balcony, and there is no more privacy on that one either.

You can see into other balconies as well as 1528. If you can see them, they can see you.

I'll just make sure I'm dressed when I have my morning coffee :D

I saw two pictures and ended up moving over to 1554 I know we can still be seen but I feel better about it. We are not going until the end of 2014. Hope to read about your cruise have a great time

I saw two pictures and ended up moving over to 1554 I know we can still be seen but I feel better about it. We are not going until the end of 2014. Hope to read about your cruise have a great time

I'll get some pictures from my vantage point.

When I booked this cruise, it was still listed as the Concierge Lounge. I thought it would be great to have it right next door. ;)

This was before the drydock/refit, but, at least if someone is watching me on my balcony, it will only be one family and not a slew of others :D

I would have loved 1554, as I do love the humps, and I did waver on which one to choose.

Hope you post a review and pictures of that stateroom. It looks like it's configured differently....(maybe)

We have friends who are in 1600, and I know that one is different.

FYI, I'm booked in this stateroom with my family next June, and I've called and exchanged emails with RCI looking for pics or a layout with no luck. From the deck plans on the RCI website it appears there are differences, perhaps not just the balcony, between Radiance, Brilliance, and Serenade. The square footage indicates a much larger room than the typical Family Ocean View, but of course being next to the elevators might detract from that being a win. Barring someone sharing their own pics before we sail, it looks like the room will be something of a (hopefully pleasant) surprise for us.

• 1 year later...

Hello! Thank you for these pictures of stateroom 1054. Would you mind posting any others, specifically of the sleeping areas? I have three children and am trying to assess if this room would be a good fit. It is certainly more interesting that the other FO staterooms forward. Thank you!

Andrew

Here is the real deal with this room. It is phenomenal!! In the past, I have been reluctant to fully sing the praises of room 1054 because I don't want it to be perpetually sold out. But it is unbelievable. Regarding the recent question, there is a separate room that sleeps four. It has two lower beds and two Pullman beds. Kids will absolutely love this room.

And this room is far enough away from the adults room that you won't hear the kids at all. The living room area is enormous. Because you are on the hump, you have five or six huge floor to ceiling windows the provide you an awesome view out the side and down the front of the ship. Again, this room is off the hook. And it is generally much cheaper than most other rooms its size. This is probably the best room I have ever been on on any Royal Caribbean ship.

My only criticism's are the following: 1. From the adults' bedroom, you can definitely hear the music from the Centrum at night. If you plan on going to bed before 11 or 1130, it might be challenging. 2. There is a lot of creakiness in this room. I'm not sure if it is when they installed the room during the drydock and they just didn't install it completely correctly, but the room is a very creaky. Maybe they have fixed it since we were on the ship about seven months ago.

• 10 months later...

I hope it is OK to bump this thread up again. I have just booked this cabin for Baltic cruise in 2016. The booking agent had very little information about this room so it is great to see some photos and information on here. I'm just wondering if anyone has sailed in this room recently and has any new comments on the room and noise issues. We will be traveling as 4 adults and 2 kids. We don't usually go to bed until 11 but will probably spend time in the room in the evenings while the kids are sleeping. Would the noise be bothersome if we were watching TV for instance? Any other comments on the location of the room.

We don't usually go to bed until 11 but will probably spend time in the room in the evenings while the kids are sleeping. Would the noise be bothersome if we were watching TV for instance? Any other comments on the location of the room.

We just got home and it wasn't the tv noise that was the issue. It was the music from the centruim that banged away until 11:30 pm. The bathroom separates the 4 person room from the living room however the tv is located on the wall that is on the wall that forms one half of the hallway with the 4 person room. The tv in the master bedroom is on the wall that is the 4 person bathroom common wall.

Hope that helps.

Thanks KESinMN.

I wasn't concerned about about the noise of the TV waking the kids I was just wondering if the noise from centrum is so loud that it is bothersome when sitting watching TV or is it just noticeable when trying to sleep.

After 11.30pm is it nice and peaceful or are there other annoyances during the night?

Do you think the other perks of this room (lots of space, nice view) outweighed the inconvenience of the noise? Would you choose the same room again?

Would a call from the OP to RCCL not resolve what the cabin has? Just sayin, if it was me I think I would call them rather than speculate.

You would be surprised how often they don't know or speculate themselves. Sometimes what they see is totally different from the website as far as connecting rooms. Recently I was told when I called in I was NOT in a connecting room even though the website said I was. Sure enough I got on board and it was a connecting room.

Remember, they only have the info they have in writing as they can not know each room on each ship, and as several people on here have pointed out, there is different information being put out by the company via different resources, that's why they asked on here, and sure enough someone put up the picture - now we all know for sure!

• 4 months later...