Norwegian Breakaway - Vow Renewal / Wedding - Group Event - June 2, 2013 Review

Saltbox2013

Beautiful post, I am actually trying to help my sister plan her vow renewal ceremony right now and is being told that they only offer a ceremony for the two of them. Is there any way you can provide the contact info for me so that I can try and get a hold of someone in the group events department?

Thank you!

Yeah they don't do group vow renewals anymore... NCL changed up their wedding stuff and switched companies. You may want to ask about the "Symbolic Wedding" package. This package is for a group and it isn't a legal thing, so with that said, you could perhaps ask if they could switch out the vows with the vows they would use for vow renewals... The rest would stay the same...

I would start with contacting the wedding planning people and the ask them if you can customize a little bit there. I think the ship does the vow renewal stuff in house and uses the wedding company for the other wedding packages, but they can coordinate with the ship and work something out for you. In the end of the day, it will be a ship's staff member doing the ceremony so it is really only a matter of printing out vow renewal vows and read those at your symbolic wedding...

http://www.ncl.com/freestyle-cruise/wedding-and-romance

• 1 month later...

This review has been soooo helpful! My fiance and I are a lesbian couple as well and planning our wedding for August aboard the Breakaway to Bermuda. It is good to know that NCL was able to satisfy two brides! We are doing ours a little bit last minute, so your review and your OOT boxes have given us some great ideas! It is also good to know that the meeting rooms aren't exactly spectacular. Do you know if there is ever an option to do the ceremony up on one of the decks and then the cocktail reception in the meeting room? We were thinking that maybe we could just "flash mob" the deck with our wedding, but this is obviously not realistic! And I would much rather get married outside where you can see the ocean!

This review has been soooo helpful! My fiance and I are a lesbian couple as well and planning our wedding for August aboard the Breakaway to Bermuda. It is good to know that NCL was able to satisfy two brides! We are doing ours a little bit last minute, so your review and your OOT boxes have given us some great ideas! It is also good to know that the meeting rooms aren't exactly spectacular. Do you know if there is ever an option to do the ceremony up on one of the decks and then the cocktail reception in the meeting room? We were thinking that maybe we could just "flash mob" the deck with our wedding, but this is obviously not realistic! And I would much rather get married outside where you can see the ocean!

Great! Glad I could help! Yeah no, up on deck is not going to work. They won't allow it for weather purposes and the fact that the decks are public spaces and therefore they won't be able to block it off for your ceremony. I wish I could do on deck too and was kind of bummed that I could not see the ocean at all in the meeting room. But I tell ya, you will be plenty distracted by your wife to be's pretty face and the overwhelming vibe of the ceremony, that if there were an ocean, you would not have really noticed it!

Ask for the ceremony to be in Bliss Lounge or something with a nicer atmosphere. Depending on when you want to have the ceremony and number of guests, you may have the option to do in the pretty Manhattan Room or Theater. All depends on when and how many people. On sea days, your options will be limited as all the passengers are on the ship looking for entertainment. On island days or embarkation day, you may get more spaces.

Good luck with the planning and remember to have fun and not stress about it. I'm totally jealous that I don't have a cruise lined up right now. Ugh.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I'm so happy to have come across this thread!!

What a beautiful wedding and beautiful couple. I'm glad it all turned out so well, it looks like you all had a fantastic time.

This really made me smile today...a very belated congratulations to you both.

3. If you are looking for pictures that includes a groom, than i'm afraid I can't help you there... You see the groom didn't make it on board. He ran late so the ship left him in New York. So I figured I'd grab the next best thing, a woman.

facebook-like-icon.jpg.ff7047d1bc0950f63084cf4a4f5d8444.jpg

Now THAT made me smile.....well said!!

I don't know how I missed this thread but I'm so glad to have found it! :)

A great review and a gorgeous couple! Very belated congratulations to you both and may you always be happy. :)