Has Anyone Had A Rccl Wedding?

I did not have a RC wedding, but met a couple who were going to. We sat at a wine tasting with two couples. The girls were sisters- one had been married 6 months and the other was getting married the next day at 11:00 in Ocho Rios. They had planned an outdoor wedding in some type of garden. RCCL had planned the event. There were about 50 family/friends she told us. She laughed and said Jamaica was in a drought, but with her luck it would rain tomorrow. Well----- it poured all morning and early afternoon. Not just a little quick rain- POURED!!!! Our tour guide said it was the first rain in weeks. I didn't see the couple anymore and I often wonder what happened. Jamacians call rain liquid sunshine, I don't think she saw it that way.

Check out the wedding/honeymoon cruise board -- under special interest cruising......there are some RCCL brides over there.

I just got married on the Caribbean Princess. It is not a perfect process but one thing I learned is that all of the major wedding-offering cruiselines use the same company to do their planning – they just use different names. (The Wedding Experience, Royal Romance, etc....) You can get married on the ship in port, or in a port, (or with Princess, while at sea). You can also theoretically contract with a non-cruise line coordinator for an off-ship, in-port wedding, but there are some risks (i.e., if you miss the port, or are late to the port, etc....) Some ships have chapels, others do not. We got married on deck. I believe that is an option on RCCL as well, with some negotiating. :-)

It was certainly a unique wedding option – we did an embarkation day wedding, with non-sailing and sailing guests (30 total) followed by a cocktail hour reception. It was a little crazy!

I was married onboard the Jewel of the Seas in February while in port at Key West. Our original plan was to have the wedding on shore, but so many of our family and friends decided to join us for the cruise (58!) that transportation became an issue. The Jewel does not have a chapel but many RCL ships do, so getting married on board can be very nice. And there are about a zillion options if you want to get married on shore while your ship is in port.

You should definitely check out the CC board under Special Interest Cruising, called Wedding and Honeymoon cruises. You'll get some great advice and tips. Folks have posted photos, reviews and lots of other great info.

Congratulations, and good luck.

• 1 year later...

We were married in Feb 03 on Sovereign of the Seas. It was a great exerience. A no stress wedding. The wedding coordinaters handled everything. I had 40 people attend the ceremony in port canaveral and then 20 people sailed with us. It was great. Because of the tight security you just need to give all the social security #'s and names of all people who are attending. The only drawback to the wedding is that they could not guarentee the place the wedding would take place because they do 3 weddings each cruise. And it all depends on the size of each group. But ,all the choices were nice for the weddings and receptions. We were married in the music man disco. lots of fun, we had beer coozies made with our names and wedding date for wedding favors.

We are in the beginning stages of wedding plans and are interested in a cruise wedding. We were hoping to take family and friends and get of the boat at a port to get married. Has anyone done this and have some feedback for us?:rolleyes:

Thanks!!!

I went on a cruise in which my friend's cousin was getting married. All I can suggest to you is not to get married on the ship. I found that it wasn't very nice at all! They were going to get married in Nassau (Paradise Is) but they couldn't so they got married on the ship before we even left port in Miami. It sucked!

Archived