Crowne Plaza, San Pedro, CA and Transportation

Wondering if anyone knows what a cab would cost from San Pedro to Long Beach Airport. Are there other alternatives available other than taxis, like some shuttle companies. Thanks to many posts from Bruin Steve we were able to book both the Renaissance in Long Beach before our April 5 cruise and due to the Grand Prix, we could not book in Long Beach after our cruise, but we were able to get rooms at the Crowne Plaza in San Pedro. Thanks to another cruise critic member’s post who suggested using the Price Line Express, we got the Crowne Plaza for $83 a night so we extended our stay because of the rate. I called the hotel and they told me that they do not have a shuttle to the airport. When I called the Crowne Plaza, I also asked if they had a shuttle in San Pedro like the Passport in LB and she told me no. We are hoping that there will be plenty of things within walking distance to the CP. One more question, while our husbands are going to the Grand Prix, suggestions for what my friend and I can do for the day while the guys are gone. We are planning on renting a car on Monday & Tuesday and plan to drive to Venice Beach one of the days, any suggestions for a day trip on Tuesday. Thanks to everyone. :)

There are many shuttle companies in the Los Angeles area. Many will transport you from one site to another, even if not involving an airport. You can look through many of the threads here and I'm sure many will post with their recommendations.

I can say right off the bat that I found Prime Time to be very unreliable to pre-book with (and jumping in before donrey -- I'm not employed by any of their competition, none of my family is, either, nor do I own stock in any of these companies, unless part of one of my index funds). I won't recommend them. Last December/January, we used OnTime and were happy with them.

For the husbands going to the Grand Prix, you'll probably be best off getting a taxi, that the concierge can get for you. Who knows, there may be more people staying at the hotel who also want to go, and the group can share a taxi.

thanks for the info. Never thought about other people going to the Grand Prix from the hotel so that is a great hint. We have only been to this area once before and last time we stayed before and after our cruise in LB so we just used the free trolley system that LB offers, other than going to and from the airport and to and from the ship. :)

Archived