NCL Gem Review - With Pictures! 6/15 to 6/22

js17

Oops forgot to mention the rocks. The main beach is very rocky. Its quite uncomfortable to walk on the sand and in the ocean. The second beach has some rocks but is overall much more comfortable than the main beach.

Do you need to book which beach to go to? How did you get a float?

How far is the walk to the second beach?

We are leaving in 8 days.

Thanks!

Do you need to book which beach to go to? How did you get a float?

How far is the walk to the second beach?

We are leaving in 8 days.

Thanks!

No I think the second is designed for cabana people, but anyone can just walk over the path to it. The path is rocky, not for bare feet! You can book a float before you leave, on the island, or at the shore excursion desk. The small one person float I had was 12.99, the larger round inflated ones cost 29.99. The rentals are for the whole day. There is no booking for the beaches or chairs, just find an empty like you would on the ship. The second beach has very few chairs. The main one has hundreds upon hundreds.

Day 5 Nassau!!

Our excursion was scheduled for 9:30. We had already been to the Atlantis resort so we decided to do something different. We booked the Ardastra Gardens and Zoo excursion. We were in a relatively small group. While waiting for the group to assemble we saw some dark gray and bright blue fish swimming in the space between the ship and the pier. Very pretty fish, but not easy to photograph. So you'll have to take my word that they were there. :D We walked to the minibus, which looked brand new and was very clean.(It said leisure tours on the side) Our driver acted as our tour guide on the 30 minute ride to the gardens. We saw much of Nassau and the surrounding area he was very informative. I learned some interesting random facts like if you get caught with drugs(apparently spring breakers do often) on they beach adjacent to the Hilton Nassau they will just send you to your home country, but if you get caught anywhere else you would get 20 years time in prison. When we arrived we went to the Flamingo arena for the Flamingo show. We sit down and we see a huge group of Flamingos walking in. They were very pretty birds and put on a great show. Some people then went in the Flamingo area and the birds walked around all the people. They seemed quite friendly. After that we walked around the gardens and saw their many birds and lush landscapes. On the way back our driver took us to a coastal area right outside of Nassau, before heading back into town. It was definitely a memorable excursion. After getting off the bus we walked around Rawson Square and then went into the straw market. The weather was hot, which I liked but the rest of my family did not. After that we walked back to the ship.

That night we ate in Grand Pacific again, and then went to the 9:00 show, tonight the show was The Man From Mars, which was an acrobatic/magic/comedy show that was very entertaining. That was the last cruise they were on board so I'm not sure what is on board right now.

Pictures coming a little later!

That night we ate in Grand Pacific again, and then went to the 9:00 show, tonight the show was The Man From Mars, which was an acrobatic/magic/comedy show that was very entertaining. That was the last cruise they were on board so I'm not sure what is on board right now.

Pictures coming a little later!

I was hoping that THE MAN FROM MARS was still going to be on the Gem when we leave on August 31...I think their show was one of the best I've ever seen!!

I was hoping that THE MAN FROM MARS was still going to be on the Gem when we leave on August 31...I think their show was one of the best I've ever seen!!

I believe that they are taking the rest of the year off to work on a new show. Which may or may not be called Wonders of Illusions.

Photos from our ride around Nassau. It was kind of hard to take photos from a moving vehicle and behind glass.

P6181867.JPG

P6181870.JPG

P6181871.JPG

P6181874.JPG

Gray Cliff, one of the best restaurants

P6181877.JPG

P6181883.JPG

I apologize in advance of these next photos, my lens was dirty by the time I got back to the ship in Nassau. I forgot to say that all the photos I have taken are 12 megapixels and 3:2 aspect ratio. The photos I upload on here, however, have been downsized.

P6181863.JPG

P6181864.JPG

P6181865.JPG

P6192107.JPG

P6192115.JPG

This is from Port Canaveral Day, but I don't recall including it. I thought I would because It's one of my favorites.

P6161440.JPG

We are sailing the GEM for our third time in October

I am loving your review. I wish October was sooner.

Jenny Lin is amazing. Always smiling.

Keep up the great review kiddo !!!

October will be here before you know it! And yes she is amazing. Thnaks :o

GSC looks beautiful! Great pictures, can't wait for the next installment!

Thanks! I had just gotten the camera not a week before I left. I've got plenty more to share. Stay tuned!

Archived