Venice port by Taxi?

leeselee

We are spending a week in Jesolo before our cruise sets off from Venice.

Does anyone know if where the ship docks in Venice is accessible by taxi?

We have only ever travelled using RCCL transfers and did not take notice last time in Venice!

Thanks for the help!

:)

We are spending a week in Jesolo before our cruise sets off from Venice.

Does anyone know if where the ship docks in Venice is accessible by taxi?

We have only ever travelled using RCCL transfers and did not take notice last time in Venice!

Thanks for the help!

:)

Land taxis can access the cruise terminal. However, you cannot get a land taxi in the main part of the old city. We stayed in a mainland hotel near the airport and took a land taxi [actually a shuttle van] to the cruise terminal. It dropped us off right outside the door of the terminal building. The hotel we stayed in provided us with train tickets to the city daily and was right on the tracks. For convenience and price sake it was great. Admittedly it lacked the romance of being right on a canal.

Land taxis can access the cruise terminal. However, you cannot get a land taxi in the main part of the old city. We stayed in a mainland hotel near the airport and took a land taxi [actually a shuttle van] to the cruise terminal. It dropped us off right outside the door of the terminal building. The hotel we stayed in provided us with train tickets to the city daily and was right on the tracks. For convenience and price sake it was great. Admittedly it lacked the romance of being right on a canal.

I will actually be coming from Lido di Jesolo, which is a beach resort some 45 minutes away. So I assume that it is ok

We were so excited about cruising from Venice last time - none of us actually noted where/how we got from Marco Polo Airport to the terminal!! :rolleyes:

I will actually be coming from Lido di Jesolo, which is a beach resort some 45 minutes away. So I assume that it is ok

We were so excited about cruising from Venice last time - none of us actually noted where/how we got from Marco Polo Airport to the terminal!! :rolleyes:

I looked up where you are staying as I drafted my comments. I decided to leave in the other comments thinking they might be helpful for others. It appears you will be about twice as far as we were [Quarto di Altino]. A metered taxi might be pretty pricey -- we got a shuttle van arranged by the hotel. To give you an idea about access, here is a picture from where our shuttle dropped us off.

IMG_0380-1.jpg

Check in was in the building to the left, but we were basically right there. Brilliance was also in port that day, I believe it would have been docked at a pier behind me as I took this picture.

I looked up where you are staying as I drafted my comments. I decided to leave in the other comments thinking they might be helpful for others. It appears you will be about twice as far as we were [Quarto di Altino]. A metered taxi might be pretty pricey -- we got a shuttle van arranged by the hotel. To give you an idea about access, here is a picture from where our shuttle dropped us off.

IMG_0380-1.jpg

Check in was in the building to the left, but we were basically right there. Brilliance was also in port that day, I believe it would have been docked at a pier behind me as I took this picture.

now......THAT'S a cool picture!!! :D

now......THAT'S a cool picture!!! :D

LOL -- maybe I should have just posted that first and said "does this answer your question?"

I should add that the 45 minute or so drive was also a highlight because the driver was giving us a tour guide like narrative and history lesson as we drove in. With all of its quirks and difficulties, Venice is by far my favorite of the ports we have sailed from.

LOL -- maybe I should have just posted that first and said "does this answer your question?"

I should add that the 45 minute or so drive was also a highlight because the driver was giving us a tour guide like narrative and history lesson as we drove in. With all of its quirks and difficulties, Venice is by far my favorite of the ports we have sailed from.

I couldn't agree more! Truly magnificent views....:D

Along these lines, are land taxis from the airport metered or do you have to negotiate a fare with the driver?

We have always asked the hotel we are staying at to arrange taxis - the price is always quoted in advance.

Archived