Credit Card fraud after paying for parking at Manhattan Port

Roscoe197

YES,

I realize it would be my money lost, however, I was thinking more along the lines of identity protection. Identity theft would be a much larger problem to deal with. Plus, if someone does not spend much once on board, it could be a good option for them.

I have only either used my cc or cash in the past, I was more just trying to offer another possibility.

I am sure others can offer a different ideas as well.

YES,

I realize it would be my money lost, however, I was thinking more along the lines of identity protection. Identity theft would be a much larger problem to deal with. Plus, if someone does not spend much once on board, it could be a good option for them.

I have only either used my cc or cash in the past, I was more just trying to offer another possibility.

I am sure others can offer a different ideas as well.

Using a prepaid cc is just like using cash anyway but you have the pleasure of paying something like $4.95 to activate the card. Or am I mistaken?

The one benefit of using a prepaid card would be to not have to carry sums of cash with you I would imagine. In addition to the identity theft issue.

A prepaid debit card can be refilled can't it?

How? By linking it to another account you have? Thus the identity thing again

I personally think that if identity theft is the issue, then cash is your friend

If convenience is your issue, then a travel only use credit card, is your friend

I use combos of both. 2 travel only credit cards and sufficient cash on hand

I shy away from ATM use and debit card use for expenses due to my horrible experience with cloning while on vacation in Italy

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Guest maddycat
If someone opened up accounts in your name you are a victim of identity theft. It is going to take some time to clear your credit. Subscribe to a credit locking service might prevent problem in future

Just contact the credit bureaus (Equifax, TransUnion, Experian) and put a freeze on your account. No one will be able to get credit of any kind in your name.