Carnival Elation June 24 - 28 Review...Lots of Pics!

h_blond2

How were the ports? We're sailing on the Valor in Nov, breeze last year. What's the one thing you could say about the Fantasy class for someone thinking about the class compared to the other class of ships.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Love the review..Cruising the Elation for the first time Aug 9 with 5 ladies, 2 of them being newbies!! I have cruised the fantasy class many times and looking forward to the Elation. I have not really seen any negative reviews on her, so that is good! Of course out of 22 cruises I can say I have not had a bad one :D

Progresso is also a first for me and I have been looking at booking the same beach club you went to. The ladies are not looking at doing any ruins just chilling. How was the food there? The frozen drinks? Do you remember how much you paid?

When in October will ya'll be on the Elation? We will be Sailing out on Oct 19th.

Will be on the October 9th cruise. Was told the Elation will be fresh out of dry dock. Not sure of what upgrades/improvements are being scheduled. Do you know any details?

Edited by bl1049

How were the ports? We're sailing on the Valor in Nov, breeze last year. What's the one thing you could say about the Fantasy class for someone thinking about the class compared to the other class of ships.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Progreso is not like Cancun or Cozumel, but we like it. We always book a tour through Auto Progreso and have never had a bad time. We love Cozumel...it's always our beach day.

I can't compare the Fantasy class to any other class because I've only cruised on the Fantasy and the Elation.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I827 using Forums mobile app

Edited by h_blond2

Love the review..Cruising the Elation for the first time Aug 9 with 5 ladies, 2 of them being newbies!! I have cruised the fantasy class many times and looking forward to the Elation. I have not really seen any negative reviews on her, so that is good! Of course out of 22 cruises I can say I have not had a bad one :D

Progresso is also a first for me and I have been looking at booking the same beach club you went to. The ladies are not looking at doing any ruins just chilling. How was the food there? The frozen drinks? Do you remember how much you paid?

The food was pretty good, but nothing to get excited about and the drinks were fairly strong! I believe we paid $30. I really liked that beach and would love to go back some day. You don't have to go to the ruins. They drop off the passengers that only want the beach part and then head to the ruins.

• 4 weeks later...

Loved your review of the Elation. We have cruised other ships before but our first on the Elation. I was curious, do they have hair dryers in the room? Read somewhere they didn't. This would help with packing. Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

OMG!!! The pics on the last sea day of the water are simply breath-taking!! November 10 is when we get to go, too excited!!! 😊 And thank you for sharing this!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Loved your review of the Elation. We have cruised other ships before but our first on the Elation. I was curious, do they have hair dryers in the room? Read somewhere they didn't. This would help with packing. Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

No, they don't have hair dryers. Hope you love the Elation!

OMG!!! The pics on the last sea day of the water are simply breath-taking!! November 10 is when we get to go, too excited!!! 😊 And thank you for sharing this!

The water was so beautiful that day! I haven't seen water so calm since that day. Have a great cruise!

Thanks!!! We'll be celebrating our honeymoon (getting married November 8th, natives of Baton Rouge!!!) it'll be his first time cruising, my third and he's so excited talks about this more than the wedding!! LoL

• 5 weeks later...

1vaca2013528.jpg

I'm wondering where this beach is . . . looks very nice! Thanks so much for taking the time to write your review. Thinking of taking Elation in January.

This is at the Puerta Maya Pier in Cozumel. It's a beautiful spot, but there really isn't any water access. We always hop in a taxi and go to the beach for the day, but always make time to relax in these chairs before we get back on the ship.