Foodie in Coz - Where can I get ...

The Mister

So I'm hoping, after a few hours at Paradise Beach with the family in October, that I get a chance to roam around either the port or downtown and find a few food items that we can't get in the States.

For one, I'd like to support both the environmental cause AND my stomach by finding a place that serves lionfish.

For another, I would like to have a few tacos filled with items that we just don't see as much or at all in the States. Of particular interest is tacos de sesos (brains!).

If you think I'll have a better chance in one of our other ports (Roatan, Cayman), I'd be happy to hear those suggestions as well.

And of course, any other suggestion of unusual foods to look for while on this cruise would be appreciated.

Thanks. :)

So I'm hoping, after a few hours at Paradise Beach with the family in October, that I get a chance to roam around either the port or downtown and find a few food items that we can't get in the States.

For one, I'd like to support both the environmental cause AND my stomach by finding a place that serves lionfish.

For another, I would like to have a few tacos filled with items that we just don't see as much or at all in the States. Of particular interest is tacos de sesos (brains!).

If you think I'll have a better chance in one of our other ports (Roatan, Cayman), I'd be happy to hear those suggestions as well.

And of course, any other suggestion of unusual foods to look for while on this cruise would be appreciated.

Thanks. :)

Well for tacos de sesos, try Los Oates in downtown San Miguel (Avenida 15), if they are open for lunch (it's not currently high season so they may not be open). If not then one of the loncherias downtown like las Flamitas, Sabores or Tonitas may serve them. You might find them in the El Mercado just to the east of the Plaza (Avenida 20-25). Re the lionfish, best bets might be Camillos downtown or San Carlos Pescaderia out toward the eastern side of San Miguel on Avenida 50. You can always ask at Paradise Beach what fish they are using for their fish tacos.

Archived