La Casa en La Playa - A Select Retreat

Reese1203

We cruise this week. I'd be happy to report back, but it'll be after Christmas before I'll have time. Busy time of year!

Np I wasn't going buy tickets untill January anyways. Ill wait for your review befoee I buy them. Please take plenty of pics and let us know if its worth the really expensive tickets. Thanks!

I'll be there on Jan 7th, I'll report back, but I'm not concerned about it, all of the reviews are awesome

Not worried about it not being awesome.just would like to see a in depth Review with pictures. Nachi has jet skis and parasailing. But I'm afraid if I don't want to sunbath la casa en la playa has no activities.

Carnival rarely ever sells out this excursion since its pricey. .most reviewers say there is only 11 people are beach resort. Do some research you can call the place or email them. If they arnt full I'm sure you can take a short cab ride (its by nachi cocom) hand them money and go. If they arnt full I don't see them turning down business.

Well, these are not turning out good though the originals look fine on my iPad. I have more but they are posting at such poor quality I don't really see the point in doing more. Not sure how to fix them.

Just went for my second visit on 12/12 and we had a great time. I had heard they were increasing the limit to 32 but as of this last visit, it was still 24 people at a time.

Again, food and service were really good. Being vegetarian, I was limited to veggie tacos and quesadillas but everyone else enjoyed their lunches which I think included a choice of fish, pork and chicken. The Mayan fish dish was a huge hit with everyone that ordered it.

The property next door was very busy this time but they do not wander over to La Casa as there were markers on the beach.

During my two visits there were no water activities offered other than a single kayak, floats, noodles, etc. This trip they offered massages but I can't remember the exact price but I think it was like $49 for an hour.

It was definitely a great deal at $99, not bad at $119 but personally, if it goes up again, I probably wouldn't do it again.

Well, these are not turning out good though the originals look fine on my iPad. I have more but they are posting at such poor quality I don't really see the point in doing more. Not sure how to fix them.

Just went for my second visit on 12/12 and we had a great time. I had heard they were increasing the limit to 32 but as of this last visit, it was still 24 people at a time.

Again, food and service were really good. Being vegetarian, I was limited to veggie tacos and quesadillas but everyone else enjoyed their lunches which I think included a choice of fish, pork and chicken. The Mayan fish dish was a huge hit with everyone that ordered it.

The property next door was very busy this time but they do not wander over to La Casa as there were markers on the beach.

During my two visits there were no water activities offered other than a single kayak, floats, noodles, etc. This trip they offered massages but I can't remember the exact price but I think it was like $49 for an hour.

It was definitely a great deal at $99, not bad at $119 but personally, if it goes up again, I probably wouldn't do it again.

on my carnival page says its 140$ and from what you said..sounds like its perfect excursion for those who want to sunbath

Oh wow, I didn't know it went up to $140. Missed that. Yeah, this is not a place you would go to snorkel and expect to see anything spectacular. If you want a nice beach, peace and quiet and good food then it maybe for you but even with unlimited alcohol, I wouldn't pay $140.

Oh wow, I didn't know it went up to $140. Missed that. Yeah, this is not a place you would go to snorkel and expect to see anything spectacular. If you want a nice beach, peace and quiet and good food then it maybe for you but even

That's what attracted me to it was the seclusion but figured they have some activity to keep you busy.

Have you looked into going to Passion Island? We are going 1/6/14 and my girlfriend suggested that we go there. I believe a buffet and alcohol is included, along with snorkeling and a water trampoline. There is also a marketplace to buy gifts from. I haven't been but everytime her and her mom ports in Cozumel, they go there. Check it out. I believe it's cheaper.

What I really want is to snorkel in palancar reef. As people say its one of the most beautiful and active reefs in the world. But carnival doesn't have snorkel tours here.and I'm afraid of booking tour outside ship with fear of missing ship (not sure how often that happens but heard its common in cozumel).

I am interested in this ..... however, I will be by myself. My friend is going on yet *another* Mayan ruin excursion. My last time in Cozumel I went to another AI and did not really like it. This is showing @ $119 which is pricy...but...I am still intersted. My questions would be - would I be out of place as a loner? And is there Wifi?

How was your cruise?

We're back from the Carnival Victory cruise and the holidays are over! The cruise was fun - there is always fun to be had on a ship! It was our first Carnival cruise so it was a new experience. It was my SO's sons very first cruise and he had a great time meeting new friends all over the ship.

As far as the La Casa excursion, I'll give you my honest opinion. It was a very nice, fairly private location with attentive service, but we didn't feel that it was worth the $119 per person. My reasons are:

First, I was really looking forward to doing some snorkeling off the beach after reading many other positive reviews. However, we got there around 2:30 PM and it was quite windy so the water was churned up. We waited a couple hours to snorkel hoping that it would calm down. The water was still very murky and we only saw a couple of very small fish. So... for us the snorkeling was disappointing and honestly, I'm not sure it would be that great even if the water was clear. There were quite a few rocks and neither of us really saw a reef. They don't control the weather and I understand that, but just realize that the weather conditions are a huge variable in your snorkeling experience. One of the women that got there in the morning told me that the snorkeling was good earlier in the day. I had also hoped to do some kayaking, but it was a little rough to do that and they didn't even have the kayaks available.

Second, I'm not a huge "lay in a lounger" sort of person. I like to be a bit more active. I live in a warm climate with palm trees so the nice weather wasn't as big a factor for me as it might be for others. There was a couple in our group from the Midwest (where I lived originally) and they were very happy just to lay on the beach, swim in the ocean, and be waited on. They loved their day at La Casa and would likely give a very different review than mine.

We thought the food was good, but not great. The lunch offerings were chicken mole, Mayan fish, and chicken or steak (or both) fajitas. The drinks were plentiful - you could have as much as you want and the bartender was accomodating if you wanted to try something different.

We enjoyed our afternoon at La Casa, but I probably wouldn't spend the money on it again. I definitely wouldn't do it if the ship docks in the afternoon like ours did (at least in December - the daylight in the summer would be a whole different story). We didn't get there until around 2:30 PM and it was dark by the time we left the house. And as I already said, the water was stirred up by the afternoon making for poor snorkeling.

I believe someone asked about going to La Casa as a solo traveler. There would be absolutely no problem with that. There are lots of areas to hang out either in sun or shade. The staff is very friendly and attentive as are most of the other guests. I don't think there was wifi available, but I'm not 100% positive. None of us tried to use it while we were there.

Hopefully this helps someone else who is trying to make the cost justification. It is JMO and your reasons for booking this excursion might be very different.

We're back from the Carnival Victory cruise and the holidays are over! The cruise was fun - there is always fun to be had on a ship! It was our first Carnival cruise so it was a new experience. It was my SO's sons very first cruise and he had a great time meeting new friends all over the ship.

As far as the La Casa excursion, I'll give you my honest opinion. It was a very nice, fairly private location with attentive service, but we didn't feel that it was worth the $119 per person. My reasons are:

First, I was really looking forward to doing some snorkeling off the beach after reading many other positive reviews. However, we got there around 2:30 PM and it was quite windy so the water was churned up. We waited a couple hours to snorkel hoping that it would calm down. The water was still very murky and we only saw a couple of very small fish. So... for us the snorkeling was disappointing and honestly, I'm not sure it would be that great even if the water was clear. There were quite a few rocks and neither of us really saw a reef. They don't control the weather and I understand that, but just realize that the weather conditions are a huge variable in your snorkeling experience. One of the women that got there in the morning told me that the snorkeling was good earlier in the day. I had also hoped to do some kayaking, but it was a little rough to do that and they didn't even have the kayaks available.

Second, I'm not a huge "lay in a lounger" sort of person. I like to be a bit more active. I live in a warm climate with palm trees so the nice weather wasn't as big a factor for me as it might be for others. There was a couple in our group from the Midwest (where I lived originally) and they were very happy just to lay on the beach, swim in the ocean, and be waited on. They loved their day at La Casa and would likely give a very different review than mine.

We thought the food was good, but not great. The lunch offerings were chicken mole, Mayan fish, and chicken or steak (or both) fajitas. The drinks were plentiful - you could have as much as you want and the bartender was accomodating if you wanted to try something different.

We enjoyed our afternoon at La Casa, but I probably wouldn't spend the money on it again. I definitely wouldn't do it if the ship docks in the afternoon like ours did (at least in December - the daylight in the summer would be a whole different story). We didn't get there until around 2:30 PM and it was dark by the time we left the house. And as I already said, the water was stirred up by the afternoon making for poor snorkeling.

I believe someone asked about going to La Casa as a solo traveler. There would be absolutely no problem with that. There are lots of areas to hang out either in sun or shade. The staff is very friendly and attentive as are most of the other guests. I don't think there was wifi available, but I'm not 100% positive. None of us tried to use it while we were there.

Hopefully this helps someone else who is trying to make the cost justification. It is JMO and your reasons for booking this excursion might be very different.

j axguy settled for me..I just wanted to snorkel in private area when he told me snorkelling was bad I said no. We booked cozumel water sports starfish bay palancar Reef snorkeling for 45$ person would be a better fit for my group.