Jewel Adult only Pool? other adult only areas?

We are an empty nest couple, and though we like kids, when on holidays just the 2 of us, we are looking for quiet adult only spots as much as possible.

I read that there is an adult only pool. Can anyone give me more details on it..where it is located, is it next to the family pool etc.

Also same infor requested for the adult hot tubs.

Are there any adult only lounge areas?

We have an Aft balcony so we do have a place to escape to when we need peae and quiet, but prefer not to spend all our time in our room, and to enjoy the ship more.

Also, do any of the MDR's offer breakfast/lunch?

Thank you

I was not on the Jewel but I was on her sister the Gem. The adult pool is the forward pool right next to the family pool. There are two adults only hot tubs next to the adult pool, though teenagers use them as well. It is the main area so it is not exactly quiet. If your looking for a quiet sundeck go all the way forward on the deck 14 sundeck, there are comfortable cushioned chairs for two there. There is also a designated quiet sundeck, go to the golf net on deck 13 and go up the stairs there. I never saw more than 2 people there at a time. There are plenty of quiet places to sit and relax inside the ship on decks 6 and 7. The spinnaker lounge is quiet unless there is an event/activity there. There are a few lounge chairs on the promenade deck. Hope this helps!

One of the best ways to get an adult only quiet area is with a spa pass. No kids and unlimited use while it was open. Perfect. We never did use the adult pool, was still too close to the loud music and kid area.

One of the best ways to get an adult only quiet area is with a spa pass. No kids and unlimited use while it was open. Perfect. We never did use the adult pool, was still too close to the loud music and kid area.

We always get spa passes but have decided this trip not to. from what I have researched the spa on the Jewel is not what I am used to both at home and on other ships. when we sailed on the Epic there was a lovely spa but there were a bunch of yahoos with no spa etticate which drove me crazy. talking loud, carrying on, with no respect for others trying to relax.

We opted to spend the extra money on an aft balcony instead, and find the quiet spots on ship.

The adult pool will work for a refreshing dip, and for about an hour or 2 at a time, after that we can either head to our balcony or the sun deck mentioned in another post.

It's a port intensive cruise so there are only 2 days on ship, with the info provided in this thread I am confident we will find some quiet spots to our liking.

Yes, main dining room Tsar's Palace Deck 6 aft is open for breakfast and lunch including embarkation day. Blue Lagoon Deck 8 midship is their 24x7 pub/snack restaurant. Don't discount the Great Outdoors Deck 12 Aft... It's part of the buffet but great view and relatively quiet outside of the busy meal times.

If you're flexible and willing to walk around exploring you'll always find a quiet spot on the ship. In addition to those already mentioned above, Bar City - Deck 6 Midship, Maltings in particular is often quiet during the day. So are the other lounges except when there is an activity in which case I just get up and move. Star Bar on Deck 13 also usually quiet. The Promenade Deck 7 outside is relatively quiet place to get a lounger. One side has shuffle board but one side does not and people are usually just strolling around.

Yes, main dining room Tsar's Palace Deck 6 aft is open for breakfast and lunch including embarkation day. Blue Lagoon Deck 8 midship is their 24x7 pub/snack restaurant. Don't discount the Great Outdoors Deck 12 Aft... It's part of the buffet but great view and relatively quiet outside of the busy meal times.

If you're flexible and willing to walk around exploring you'll always find a quiet spot on the ship. In addition to those already mentioned above, Bar City - Deck 6 Midship, Maltings in particular is often quiet during the day. So are the other lounges except when there is an activity in which case I just get up and move. Star Bar on Deck 13 also usually quiet. The Promenade Deck 7 outside is relatively quiet place to get a lounger. One side has shuffle board but one side does not and people are usually just strolling around.

Excellent info, thank you! Tsars will be our breakfast and lunch spot on ship days. Sounds like it will be no problem to get away from the mahem of the buffet and the family pool area. We found similar spots on the Epic.

We enjoy participating in the game shows etc, but when we want some quiet it is great to know we won't feel like we HAVE to go to our room. I can only handle crowds for a limited amount of time before I start feeling claustophobic and need to find a quiet un crowded place.

I have not had time to study the decks yet so I was happy to read that Tsars and other spots are aft. Very convenient.

Thanks again!

Archived