Booking Speciality Restaurants Online incl. children

I would like to book a reservation online for 9 people at Teppanyaki but only see options for 8 people. I have seen where people have made 2 separate reservations and combined them once on the ship but I'm wondering if we could have 9 together for this restaurant. Does anyone know? Also, if we make a reservation online for specialty restaurants, it looks like we would be charged full price for children. Would we receive an adjustment once on the ship or would we only receive the children's price if we book on the ship and not in advance.

I made reservations for 2 specialty restaurants with our two children. We are not sailing until July 28th. I called NCL and asked about the full charge for the children. They said there would be a price adjustment while on board. That is fine with me, but I'm not sure why they just don't have the 2 separate prices to choose from.

My experience has been exactly as described: book the kids for full price and get the refund onboard. In fact, the refund was done in the restaurant, and we had to insist it be done before we left. This was before they charged you for bookings made before sailing, so I completely agree that there should be an option to choose a child price.

For some reason, NCL can't figure out how to allow customers to book an odd number of people at a specialty restaurant unless it's at the first reservation time of 5:30pm. This has been going on for years. I just looked at my Pearl cruise pictures from last year and the teppanyaki table does fit 10 so in theory your party of 9 shouldn't be a problem at the same table. NCL also won't charge upfront for children's prices despite being able to charge the appropriate price for kids on shore excursions. Last year I made many calls which was an enormous hassle but I eventually got my reservation for a party of 3 at the time we wanted. This year I saw the reservation booking system still wasn't fixed and I wasn't ready for the fight again. I just booked our party of 3 at 5:30 and we'll try to move it back when onboard...as well as get the correct kids pricing. Seems like NCL isn't too concerned. It frustrates me that something so seemingly simple can't be fixed. Teppanyaki fills up quick so don't delay in making a reservation.

Archived