Big Beard's Buck Island Full Day Tour questions

jodisu

My husband and I reserved the full day tour with Big Beard for January. I received the confirmation email from them, and it brought up some questions.

For those of you who have done this tour with them recently,

- The email said to bring sunscreen lotion, not spray. Why? What if we prefer the spray? What's the big deal?

- The email also said to bring drinks and snacks or that they can be purchased in their store. I thought they were included in the $99 charge for this tour. What gives with that? Are they only included at lunch and you have to purchase them for the rest of the day??

- How much time do you actually spend snorkeling or on the beach and how much is travel?

Thanks for your help!

Jodi

the spray can make the deck very slippery and cause accidents -

the lunch is all provided - it's delicious - but there aren't any other snacks..

don't expect an intimate cruise - there will be a lot of other folks on the catamaran with you. we had a great day, but it wasn't intimate.

as far as the snorkeling, know that Buck island is still suffering the after effects of hurricane Hugo - we were there just before that, and it was gorgeous. it is still lovely, but not like it was

Are you aware that the full day on Big Beard's has their lunch back on St. Croix (not on Buck Island)? I have never sailed with them but know that they take you out to Buck for snorkeling and a beach visit, then sail you over to their private beach on the East End of St. Croix for the lunch and then sail you back to C'sted.

So you should ask them directly about how much time they spend snorkeling and at the Buck Island beach if you have concerns about it.

Archived