A foodie guide to dining on the breakaway.

rocky55

Rocky....did you let the server know that the crab didn't taste right? I would imagine Geoffrey Zakararian would want to know if a food was not right.

Hi. I didn't let them know. I should have. Next time I will.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Is it very windy sitting outside to dine on the waterfront? I recall being seated at an outdoor dining venue on Central Park on the Oasis of the Seas and it was beautiful.....until the ship set sail. Then it felt like a wind tunnel. My husband and I requested to be moved to inside the restaurant and they promptly accommodated us.

HI. Sorry I took so long to get back to you. It was not to windy at all. It was perfect! I did prefer Cagney's outside seating just because it was at the end of the ship and you didn't see any lifeboats. Once again, the lifeboat view at Ocean Blue and La Cucina was not a huge deal, it was just that much more beautiful at Cagneys.

Also, I went on the Breakaway again and ate at Cagneys 2X this cruise, and this time it was excellent. I also ate La Cucina with my two children, and it was good, especially if you have children.

We are cruising in March and planning on Cagney's. Do you think it will be warm enough by second night to eat outside? I love the fact that outside eating is made available?

Also, besides the buffet on 2nd night, what other specialty venues serve lobster tail. We have a real seafood lover traveling with us.

HI. I am also sorry to you for getting back to you so late. I don't think it will be warm enough. Can you go another night? How about the night you leave the private island or Nassau? If you make the reservations for after 730, it gives you enough time to get back to the ship and shower. Sitting outside was really one of my favorite things to do on the Breakaway, and what makes her different than most ships, and I think it is not to be missed. There is also outside seating at the sushi restaurant for dinner, and Ocean Blue on the waterfront for lunch.

Any other questions I will be happy to answer your questions in a more timely manner.