Rome Hotels/Transfers

Bevo Boy

Did the person take you on a tour and then to the ship? What did they charge for this service and were they connected with a private tour company? I would think that Rome would have numerous private services but I would want a reliable operation.

Did the person take you on a tour and then to the ship? What did they charge for this service and were they connected with a private tour company? I would think that Rome would have numerous private services but I would want a reliable operation.

We stayed in Rome for four nights before getting on the ship so we did not need a tour from the driver. I am sorry but I cant remember the cost. We contacted our hotel ( we had stayed there before) asked about the car and they sent us all the details including the price. We also used the same car and driver getting from the airport to the hotel. since we live in CA and are a 2 hour drive from from SFO we wanted the easiest option after getting off of a long haul flight.

Thanks for the info. When we finally book our hotel, I will inquire about the car and driver scenerio. This may be the best method for our needs.

This was the hotel we stayed at in Rome and breakfast was included.

http://www.albergodelsenato.it

The view from our room window was amazing the window was about 20 yards distance from the Pantheon. We dealt directly with the hotel

Looks like a fabulous hotel. The room rates are a bit more than I want to pay for the one night stay in Rome. Did the hotel give you any discount? Do they provide transportation service? Again, I am just now reviewing the transfers while in Rome. Hopefully, over the next few months, I will be able to decide the best transfer to a hotel (near Vatican City) and find a Vatican City tour which will provide transfers to the port. Thanks for the info on the hotel as it is this type info that is extremely helpful to someone who has never ventured to this part of the world.

Looks like a fabulous hotel. The room rates are a bit more than I want to pay for the one night stay in Rome. Did the hotel give you any discount? Do they provide transportation service? Again, I am just now reviewing the transfers while in Rome. Hopefully, over the next few months, I will be able to decide the best transfer to a hotel (near Vatican City) and find a Vatican City tour which will provide transfers to the port. Thanks for the info on the hotel as it is this type info that is extremely helpful to someone who has never ventured to this part of the world.

We did a pre pay and the did give us a discount and they arranged the car and driver that picked us up from the airport took us to the hotel then at the end of our 4 days in Rome they took us to the port to get on the ship I am sorry I cant remember the cost for the car. It is about 1 1/2 hour drive from the city center to the cruise port. May I ask where you are going on your trip. The reason I am asking is because we have a couple of blogs that have some good travel information on them.

We are taking the Celebrity Cruise (Silhouette) on June 10, 2014; 12 night; ending in Venice. You can look up the itinerary for this cruise as I don't have it in front of me. I've been looking at some various excursions along the cruise but won't make any decisions until I've heard some serious reviews. This cruise is a graduation gift to our daughter and it will be our third cruise but the first cruise abroad. Looking forward to seeing the sights but just in the early planning stages at the present time.

We are taking the Celebrity Cruise (Silhouette) on June 10, 2014; 12 night; ending in Venice. You can look up the itinerary for this cruise as I don't have it in front of me. I've been looking at some various excursions along the cruise but won't make any decisions until I've heard some serious reviews. This cruise is a graduation gift to our daughter and it will be our third cruise but the first cruise abroad. Looking forward to seeing the sights but just in the early planning stages at the present time.

Here is the link to our blog 7 of the ports you are going to are on there, Although we live in the United States we are originally from the United Kingdom so we are very familiar with Europe. I hope you have a fantastic trip and if you have any questions I will try and answer them. I would also suggest that you talk to a out a local travel agent in the town where you live, because if anything should go wrong you don't have to deal with it yourself

http://www.twoscotstravel.com/blog/mediterranean-cruise-2010.html. Happy Planning.

Wow!! What a detailed story of your wonderful cruise. I am only about three days into your story but love the fact that you mentioned names of businesses and sights in the different areas. If our trip is half as much as yours, this will be a fun two weeks. I will be reviewing your activities several times, especially when I began to book our excursions. Tomorrow (6/26) will be my first chance to book my air. If I get lucky, I will have only one stop on both the outbound and inbound flights. Also, I plan on taking some food for the long segment of our flight just as you did. It would be nice to fly business class but the airfare is crazy. Thinking about getting a Delta Sky Miles card as I would have enough air miles for a couple of domestic fights when I return. Just remember to cancel the card to avoid the yearly rate, good thing, you get to keep the miles. First year is free so you can't go wrong. Thanks again and keep the info coming.

Glad you found some information that may be useful to you, 8 weeks today I will be sipping a cappuccino in Venice I already have a couple of restaurant reservations made, our last port on this cruise is Athens.

Sounds like you are ready to go. I am glad that I trip is not till next June as between now and then, much research will be done. I am making an individual file on each port and will be adding information and tips from people like you. Around February or March, I will make decisions on the excursions we will book. Looks like Delta will be our airline as they have the best schedule with only one stop both ways. I just hope the outbound flight is on time.

Saneil... Enjoyed reading your blog! We are on a Celebrity cruise in October and going to many of the same ports...I was interested in the weather... What did Sandy pack for clothes? Shorts...Capri's....pants...did you take jackets? Also... are you able to name any of the restaurants you ate at...or are planning on eating at?? Great information infused with humor! Thank you!

I contacted our hotel in Rome and they sent me a list of recommended restaurants close to the our hotel location. They listed the type food and the prices. We don't sail until next year but I am slowly building a file on restaurants.

Saneil... Enjoyed reading your blog! We are on a Celebrity cruise in October and going to many of the same ports...I was interested in the weather... What did Sandy pack for clothes? Shorts...Capri's....pants...did you take jackets? Also... are you able to name any of the restaurants you ate at...or are planning on eating at?? Great information infused with humor! Thank you!

The last morning we spent in Venice it started to rain, I did have a rain jacket and that was the only day I wore it. I just looked back at our pictures to confirm what we were wearing. For most of the trip I wore capri pants and short sleeve tops. I did take a couple of pairs of long pants and I did wear those at night in both Venice and Rome I also wore a jacket at night in both of those places. As far as restaurants go I think we were to excited to write down the names of some of the ones we ate at.. The Morning we were leaving I found out my cancer was in remission, so to say we were overly happy and excited would be an understatement. We have a reservation at http://www.ristorantemarioallafava for our up coming trip in September, we ate there twice on our last trip. The one thing we did find out was that in Venice on Friday and Saturday nights restaurants are very busy, I recommend that you make a dinner reservation.

Sandra.

• 2 weeks later...
Sandra...thank you so much. That's the info I was looking for!

On our next trip we are staying in Venice for 3 nights before we get on the ship Sep 20th, and we will be doing another blog, So I will make sure we post the restaurants that we eat at and some pictures of the food. We write the blog on a a daily basis so you should be able to check the Venice part out before you leave.

Archived