QM2 Hairstylists

Leucothea

Hi. I had my hair cut by a youngish guy at the QM2 salon and I can't remember his name. I think he was from Armenia, or somewhere thereabouts. I wanted to see if he's on my next crossing so I can book another haircut. Does anyone know the names of the male hairstylists there by any chance?

Also, is there anyone you recommend there for hair color and highlights?

Thanks.:)

One of my big concerns for the world cruise was the matter of haircuts and color for 94 days. I constantly get compliments on my great hair cut and color, even from strangers, so I dreaded someone messing with it. I had it done 2 days before the world cruise, but I still faced 2 cuts and colors during the cruise.

So I opted for highlights at home, and just coloring the roots for 2 months. My hair dresser said to be sure to tell the person doing it onboard not to comb the color thru the hair, just keep it on the roots.

They are likely not to carry the brand of color your accustomed to, plus my hairdresser mixed 2 colors for mine, but I was happy the guy came close to the color. I get cut and color every 4 weeks. The first cut onboard was pretty close to what I like, he could still follow the lines of my cut from home. The second was less like my cut, but passable. When we got off the ship I was way overdue for a cut, but opted to live with it and see my hairdresser on my first day at home.

Hope that is helpful information. Guys willl be laughing, but for many women, this is serious business.

Florian did a great job cutting my hair last year.

Hi. Can you tell me which one is Florian? I ask because I had a cut from another fellow once that I did not like so much. I know the stylists by sight, but keep forgetting their names :rolleyes:.

Thanks.

One of my big concerns for the world cruise was the matter of haircuts and color for 94 days. I constantly get compliments on my great hair cut and color, even from strangers, so I dreaded someone messing with it. I had it done 2 days before the world cruise, but I still faced 2 cuts and colors during the cruise.

So I opted for highlights at home, and just coloring the roots for 2 months. My hair dresser said to be sure to tell the person doing it onboard not to comb the color thru the hair, just keep it on the roots.

They are likely not to carry the brand of color your accustomed to, plus my hairdresser mixed 2 colors for mine, but I was happy the guy came close to the color. I get cut and color every 4 weeks. The first cut onboard was pretty close to what I like, he could still follow the lines of my cut from home. The second was less like my cut, but passable. When we got off the ship I was way overdue for a cut, but opted to live with it and see my hairdresser on my first day at home.

Hope that is helpful information. Guys willl be laughing, but for many women, this is serious business.

Yes, all that is such a problem for me. I have had a difficult time finding a salon I like, and I have been very mobile the past few years and so I have to keep finding a new one. I found one I like in Boston for example, but I don't live there now. So I have quite a salon phobia because I have received a good number of bad haircuts and garish color treatments. As a result I walk around with hair that has not been cut in months sometimes, and feel messy. Often I try to trim it myself, which occasionally works and usually does not (although I hear there are those who cut their own hair, such as Helen Mirren for example). As for color, I hate doing it myself because store bought color looks tacky, and I'm afraid I'll mess up the highlights.

So there you see we depend so much on these hair stylists; as a result they have quite a lot of power to "make or break you" so to speak. I don't like that dependency at all, but what's a girl to do? :eek:

Archived