Oasis Review with pictures- July 20, 2013

Thanks for the great review and pics. We're about to go on our first cruise also and the tips will come in handy.

I was wondering, was the photo kiosks busy because the pics are discounted on the late day?

Oops, sorry I missed this question. I didn't notice that they discounted photos the last day- I think that's when they make all their money anyways, so it wouldn't make much sense from a profit perspective. The good part about waiting until the last day is that I think the smallest digital files package they had included 5 images (can't remember the price) and by the last day you would have the most variety to choose from.

What setting did you use on that picture? It looks AMAZING! I want to see if my camera has the same setting now!

Hehe! Thanks! I do wedding photography so I've gotten used to using my SLR in manual all the time, so those photos were manual mode (using a histagram on the back to determine where i wanted my exposure) and the point and shoot photos were in just a regular auto mode since i usually used that when we were mid-climb, mid-ride or mid-swim and then I tweeked them a little to boost the contrast in Photoshop. Having beautiful locations really helps have great photography too- hehe. And there was no shortage of amazing views on that trip!

• 5 months later...

Here's a view of our stateroom

The room surprisingly had quite a bit of storage cubbies. I took a picture of our closet and hanging shoe organizers for all you cc’ers!

CruiseHL-1044.jpg

There was also a high clothing bar for suits and dresses and low bar behind the closet door for shirts and the built in storage cubes were very handy too. The shoe organizer (get the one with the clear pockets) was perfect for, well, shoes but also cameras, sunscreen, small scissors, and other random item that we needed throughout the trip. There were more tall storage cabinets by the mirror and three shelves for medicines, etc in the bathroom. Within an hour we had the entire contents of all our suitcases organized and put away so we shoved those under the bed. We used the empty suitcase to hold all the moderately dirty clothes and a plastic trash bag for the really dirty stuff (that’s coming later).

Just came across this review when looking at your other review for the Freedom. What a great idea with the shoe organizer! First time I saw that! We went on the Oasis last July too (Eastern) and we're going with the kids this July on the Freedom and I know we had enough room in the cabin for all of our stuff but was wondering how we were going to do it with the kids stuff. This may help a bit. Fun seeing the Oasis again. Great time on that ship.

Just came across this review when looking at your other review for the Freedom. What a great idea with the shoe organizer! First time I saw that! We went on the Oasis last July too (Eastern) and we're going with the kids this July on the Freedom and I know we had enough room in the cabin for all of our stuff but was wondering how we were going to do it with the kids stuff. This may help a bit. Fun seeing the Oasis again. Great time on that ship.

Oh, yeah- I love the shoe organizer. On the Freedom we actually stuck it on the inside of our closet door since the entrance way was a little narrow to have it on the outside. I actually had to buy a 2nd one for the Freedom trip because the Oasis one is in my closet filled with shoes. :D

Thank you so much for the review! Oasis will be our second cruise this June! It has been 4 years since our first cruise, which was on Freedom. Your review gave us many tips and we're more excited now than ever! Thanks again!

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Forums mobile app

Thank you so much for the review! Oasis will be our second cruise this June! It has been 4 years since our first cruise, which was on Freedom. Your review gave us many tips and we're more excited now than ever! Thanks again!

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Forums mobile app

I'm so glad I could help! I love reading reviews too. It's like the cruise before the cruise.

• 1 month later...