Can a family of 4 do 14 nights in an inside cabin?!

Yikes!! I couldn't even imagine how horrible it would be to share a small cabin,or even a large cabin, with my 2 teenage sons. They bicker and argue constantly until it drives you crazy. They are also slobs.

This is not my idea of a vacation.

We book 2 cabins. One for them and one blissfully quiet one for us.

We did 11 nights on Brilliance with 8 and 10 year old boys in a D1. One slept on the sofa bed the other on the pullman. I would never in a million years do that to myself again unless it was the only way I was going to be able to go!!! ok, with that said... if you want to put 4 in a room my only suggestion (which would have probably saved my sanily) is to ask the room steward the first day to please make your room up as early as possible and even if you have early seating dinner... to wait until late to turn down the bed. The pull out sofa takes up ALOT of floor space. There were days that our room was not made up before noon... and since we had early seating dinner... we came back from dinner and tripped over the sofa to change into more confortable clothes. I tried to read back through the replies to this but my computer froze so I apologize if some of this has been suggested before. Whatever you decide, have a great cruise.

We are a close family and the four of us are booked on a 9 nite on the Voyager this Sept....The inside cabin does not bother me .....as we have been in an inside cabin before, and really only were in our room to sleep. It was fun to wake up and go on the deck and see where we were each morning when it was just my husband and I.... Yes, I too am a little concerned for the space, however we are getting two extra nights for the sacrifice....and we are a family that loves to go. I do not see us in the rooms except to sleep and change. My husband and I have been on a cruise together before....and yes we will be sacrificing "our time" however, we've been married 25 years and I think we can get the kids busy and be creative even for that! I'd say go for it! We are! And the memories I think are going to out-weigh the inconvenience, at least for us!

Go for it! We are! We are a family of four booked on the Voyager for a nine night this Sept.! We are a close family and I see us only in the room to sleep! They will be busy...so we can find needed "couple time"! The inside cabin is fine if all you do is sleep.....the memories will out-weigh the inconvenience!!! at least for us.....

I have a great opportunity to book a 14 night Hawaii circle cruise (San Diego round trip) for our family of 4 (kids are 9 & 12) on the Radiance in 2006. However, it's in the least expensive inside cabin. We are a family that gets along well together, however, I want some honest opinions, cc'ers. Am I crazy??? Has anyone done this and lived to tell about it??!!!

Amanda:)

If you do and manage to survive - you have got to go on the Dr. Phil show <g>

Well, IMHO....OMG NO!

My husband and I had an oceanview room and THAT was too small for me after a few days. I got tired of not having enough counter space and running into each other, not having room in bathroom for 2 people..etc.

Hence, we SPLURGED and got an OS for Dec to see how the extreme opposite will be! LOL

You guys are cracking me up!:D We have decided to wait until 2007. Sob, sniff...how can I wait over 2 years to cruise again???!! But, by then we will have saved up and can hopefully book something bigger than an inside. Maybe even a JS or something??! Thanks again for all the help and suggestions.

Amanda:) (OP!)

I would get 2 inside cabins. I would think you could do that for just a little bit more than what it would cost to put 4 of you in one room. YOu won't be able to shower or dress in comfort. You all may have trouble sleeping d/t the increased sleep noises of your family. If you don't sleep well or have a place you can rest in quiet you'll be miserable! I personally wouldn't do it.

Archived