costa mediterranea

nickthecruiser

Hi. I'm sailing from Crete at the end of October and asked Costa UK what time we had to be back on the ship (I fancy a short trip to knossos after I board). They stated that you had to be back on the ship by 8pm. Presume the muster drill is shortly after this. They also recommended we double check on the day.

Sent from my GT-I8160 using Forums mobile app

Hello, I'm new to these boards and considering this cruise as a last-minute deal. Anyone that has cruised costa mediterranea 7nt greek islands cruise? How was your experience? And what time was the muster drill and all aboard time in Crete?

We did this cruise in July but can't remember the exact times for muster drill, though I'm pretty sure it was before 7 pm as that was our dinner time.

All the ports were brilliant and fairly late departures from most of them, giving you the opportunity to stay ashore most evenings, too.

The ship is well kept and maintained, staff are attentive and friendly, good service in the dining room. Really couldn't fault anything, I'm sure you'll enjoy too.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi. I'm sailing from Crete at the end of October and asked Costa UK what time we had to be back on the ship (I fancy a short trip to knossos after I board). They stated that you had to be back on the ship by 8pm. Presume the muster drill is shortly after this. They also recommended we double check on the day.

Sent from my GT-I8160 using Forums mobile app

Hi Glenda,

Went on Costa Mediterranea 2-9 AUG 2013 and had a great time!

Presuming your cruise also departs the same as our sailing at 23:59 from Heraklion, Crete, the latest boarding was by 20:00 (according to our documentation) as you were advised and then the emergency drill was at 21:00.

You may also find the following useful (all according to the newspaper ‘TODAY’) – this is for the day of embarkation at Heraklion when sailed on 2nd August.

- Embarkation from 13:00

- Buffet Lunch onboard 11:30-16:00 (with Grill for burgers, hotdogs open until 16:30)

- Embarkation Welcome meeting (with English speaking hostess) at 18:00

- Dinner: First sitting at 19:00, Second sitting at 21:45

Enjoy your cruise :)

Hi Glenda,

Went on Costa Mediterranea 2-9 AUG 2013 and had a great time!

Presuming your cruise also departs the same as our sailing at 23:59 from Heraklion, Crete, the latest boarding was by 20:00 (according to our documentation) as you were advised and then the emergency drill was at 21:00.

You may also find the following useful (all according to the newspaper ‘TODAY’) – this is for the day of embarkation at Heraklion when sailed on 2nd August.

- Embarkation from 13:00

- Buffet Lunch onboard 11:30-16:00 (with Grill for burgers, hotdogs open until 16:30)

- Embarkation Welcome meeting (with English speaking hostess) at 18:00

- Dinner: First sitting at 19:00, Second sitting at 21:45

Enjoy your cruise :)

Brilliant - thanks for all the info. I can plan whether to nip on shore or just stay on the ship after embarkation.:D

Archived