Recent Dream cruisers- Escargots?

big al

My wife & are cruising the Dream in November...I really like escargots, but as many of you escargots lovers know, there seems to be a world-wide shortage of escargots ( at least on other cruise lines there is..)...I know the Royal Palace venue has escargots on the menu- anybody had this lately or can share an update on the escargots issue on a recent Dream cruise? Thanks...

Big Al

Never realized there was an "escargot issue". :confused:

On the Wonder's West Bound Panama Canal cruise in May there didn't seem to be a problem.

My husband enjoyed his in June on the Fantasy.

Thanks to ALL who responded!! BTW, the shortage has been reported on RCI...last time in Feb....now I'm really looking forward to the Dream!!

Big Al

I don't think they were on the Freedom in January, but had them in April on the Dream. I look for them because they are not something I would prepare at home...purely a cruise culinary treat. I did miss the puff pastry style that I first experienced, but they were delicious anyway, simply with butter and seasonings. Enjoy!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Forums mobile app

Actually I think I had them in June that way on the Fascination, not the Dream. My cruises this year are starting to run together, lol. Not sure I saw them on either of those cruises, the Freedom or the Dream. Don't they have snail farms? Seems like that would be the way to go...We never run out of shrimp anymore. But try catching some fresh shrimp.

I don't think they were on the Freedom in January, but had them in April on the Dream. I look for them because they are not something I would prepare at home...purely a cruise culinary treat. I did miss the puff pastry style that I first experienced, but they were delicious anyway, simply with butter and seasonings. Enjoy!

Actually I think I had them in June that way on the Fascination, not the Dream. My cruises this year are starting to run together, lol. Not sure I saw them on either of those cruises, the Freedom or the Dream. Don't they have snail farms? Seems like that would be the way to go...We never run out of shrimp anymore. But try catching some fresh shrimp.

Tough when you get your cruises confused, LOL...any style is fine for me..I also don't make them at home, but occassionally, Fresh Market has escargots in their seafood dept....so few people really like them- I have NO friends nor relatives that like them....

Big Al

Archived