RCCL Grandeur from Baltimore

We're thinking of getting married on the Grandeur from Baltimore next summer. I've only just begun looking into this and have some questions. I hope some of you can help!

First, our wedding will be small. Just family and close friends - maybe 35 total. We're thinking of having the wedding before sailing, as I don't anticipate anyone else would be able to afford going on the cruise as well. When you invite people to a wedding on a cruise ship, do they ASSUME that they get to cruise too (at our expense)? Or is it clear that it takes place prior to sailing and then they leave the ship? (In looking over threads here, I realize many include their guests as cruisers, however we simply cannot afford that nor do I want anyone to feel pressured to go on a pricey vacation simply to see us get married....)

How has your experience been with planning a wedding on RCCL? It is fairly simple to do? I find the idea very enticing to not have to deal separately with photographers, florists, caterers, etc....

Anything else I should be aware of or be thinking about?

THANKS!

Hey!

Im getting married on the enchantment in October. Im having an embarkement day wedding for exactly that reason for people to not feel pressured to have to go on the cruise! I think its fabulous im sure people have complained behind my back but havent heard anything LOL......people will not expect you to pay for them as you will soon find out RCCL weddings are not CHEAP!. You will be paying at the very miniumum 35 dollars per person up to 48 dollars per person for an hour reception. As well you pay around 3000.000 for the ceremony. Trust me you will not have extra money to pay for people to come LOL.....i find the journey very simple with this board helping me allot as well as the new RCCL wedding company is very organized and always anwers my emails withing 48hours i have no compliants about them. I think in the past there was problems but that has been solved! My advice to you is keep the guest list manageable financially and have fun! Dont worry about other people expenses if they cant afford it they will not come simple! There is a review on here that recently has been brought forward on the ALLURE take a look at that its very detailed!! Happy Planning!

JUST FOR FYI - we are having 49 cruising guests and 9 non crusiers - most people are coming on the cruise!

Hey!

Im getting married on the enchantment in October. Im having an embarkement day wedding for exactly that reason for people to not feel pressured to have to go on the cruise! I think its fabulous im sure people have complained behind my back but havent heard anything LOL......people will not expect you to pay for them as you will soon find out RCCL weddings are not CHEAP!. You will be paying at the very miniumum 35 dollars per person up to 48 dollars per person for an hour reception. As well you pay around 3000.000 for the ceremony. Trust me you will not have extra money to pay for people to come LOL.....i find the journey very simple with this board helping me allot as well as the new RCCL wedding company is very organized and always anwers my emails withing 48hours i have no compliants about them. I think in the past there was problems but that has been solved! My advice to you is keep the guest list manageable financially and have fun! Dont worry about other people expenses if they cant afford it they will not come simple! There is a review on here that recently has been brought forward on the ALLURE take a look at that its very detailed!! Happy Planning!

JUST FOR FYI - we are having 49 cruising guests and 9 non crusiers - most people are coming on the cruise!

So did you cruising guests just book on their own or did they ask you if you'd mind them coming? Personally, we prefer to not have a mob of people with us on our honeymoon. It'd never occur to me to book a cruise for myself with a honeymooning couple.....

Well this is my 2nd marriage and I know how pricey weddings are. I've looked into traditional weddings after a church service and its easily $80-100 per guest but I'm finding man have a minimum of 50 guests. Also, we really just want to focus on the union itself and not get so stressed out by coordinating photographer and a baker and a florist, etc. so honestly, even if it costs us $5k or so, it'll still be less expensive in the long run and much less stressful in planning.

Out of curiosity - can it be a religious service (the wedding) or do they just offer a fast, basic ceremony?

Hey!

Ok i understand now! I think we are a little different as we didn’t mind people coming on the cruise we are going to Disney world after alone as a little honeymoon hehe....i understand though wanting to be on the cruise alone. There is a thread about how to tell guests you want to be on the cruise alone check that out as well it’s probably from two weeks ago. I think some people were saying it’s all about the wording on the invitation! I think allot depends on where you live in comparison to where you are getting married. For us we live in Toronto Canada and getting married in Orlando FL so we could not have said that they can’t come on the cruise. We are actually kind of excited to have a weeklong celebration personally LOL.

Very true! Cruise wedding are much cheaper than traditional weddings just didn’t want you to be surprised. LOL

You can have a religious wedding but you would have to bring your own minister/reverend ect. or such. Otherwise it’s a non-ordained person who does the wedding.

If you want a religious ceremony, check with RCCL. I may be possible, depending on your departure port. But it will almost certainly cost extra. For my wedding (in Key West) RCCL offered a Christian minister, but it would have cost us an additional $500. We opted not to spend the extra money. But as it turned out, our officiant was actually ordained and was able to use the vows we prepared. (But we made sure to clear everything with RCCL to make sure what we had was still legal in Florida ;))

Archived