Holiday Inn, Hollywood Florida

ssimon

We have reservations for the Holiday Inn Airport, Hollywood, Florida after our Disney cruise February 12. Is this a good place to be? We know we will have to use a taxi to the airport since our flight leaves at 6 am and their shuttle starts at 5. We are ok with this. Just hope we will be happy here. It's early enough I can cancel if need be. Thanks.....

We have reservations for the Holiday Inn Airport, Hollywood, Florida after our Disney cruise February 12. Is this a good place to be? We know we will have to use a taxi to the airport since our flight leaves at 6 am and their shuttle starts at 5. We are ok with this. Just hope we will be happy here. It's early enough I can cancel if need be. Thanks.....

It's right on I-95 and there's nothing around it. Considering you have all day when you disembark I would want a hotel that was close to something.

I agree. Since this isn't your day of arrival, and you have the entire day and eveing in the area, why not look at something in Ft. L area? You'd be super close to the port as well as the airport. And you can spend an enjoyable time out of the hotel.

If you plan on just sitting at the pool and staying at the hotel, you are of course just a few min cab ride to the airport.

I stayed her for a one night pre cruise stay in May 2013 and it was good. The hotel is clean, staff friendly and there is a 7/11 or something right across the street and a Denny's just in front. We did rent a car on points so we drove around for dinner and shopping, but it's not that bad. I would stay here again, absolutely, and I am very picky in hotels. There is also a restaurant in the hotel but honestly never used it so can't comment in food or prices.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I stayed her for a one night pre cruise stay in May 2013 and it was good. The hotel is clean, staff friendly and there is a 7/11 or something right across the street and a Denny's just in front. We did rent a car on points so we drove around for dinner and shopping, but it's not that bad. I would stay here again, absolutely, and I am very picky in hotels. There is also a restaurant in the hotel but honestly never used it so can't comment in food or prices.

I thought you said you flew into MIA for that cruise? Surely you didn't fly into MIA, go up to Hollywood for your hotel and then back to POM for the cruise?

Actually and I don't recall telling you where I flew into and it's a little freaky you're following my posts that closely, we flew into FLL on May 10th with WestJet stayed at this Holiday Inn for $92 for the night, used Black pearl limo for transfer to Port of Miami and flew home from Miami on May 18th with Air Canada after catching a cab to the airport from the terminal......Would you like proof?? As usual here you go questioning people again!!

We just want clean and safe. We realize we will need a taxi to get to the airport but from what we read it is not too far from Hollywood Hard Rock and thought we may like to check it out. Don't want to stay there but maybe spend some time there. Thank you for your experience.

We just want clean and safe. We realize we will need a taxi to get to the airport but from what we read it is not too far from Hollywood Hard Rock and thought we may like to check it out. Don't want to stay there but maybe spend some time there. Thank you for your experience.

It's 4-5 miles to the Hard Rock from there which would be about $25-$30 each way in cab fare. You might want to consider a rental car.

Archived