Taking the train

Yakb0

I'm flying into FLL the day before my cruise leaves from Port Everglades. Is it feasible to take the train to Miami, stay in a hotel there, and take the train back to Ft Lauderdale, and take a taxi from the train station the next morning?

I'm flying into FLL the day before my cruise leaves from Port Everglades. Is it feasible to take the train to Miami, stay in a hotel there, and take the train back to Ft Lauderdale, and take a taxi from the train station the next morning?

Yes, technically you could but I can not think of a more miserable way to eat up time in South Florida. If you want to stay in Miami, rent a car. You can do a 24 hour rental for around $20 and make it to Miami in under an hour and vice versa.

Yes, technically you could but I can not think of a more miserable way to eat up time in South Florida. If you want to stay in Miami, rent a car. You can do a 24 hour rental for around $20 and make it to Miami in under an hour and vice versa.

I agree. I took the train to Miami one time, thinking I'd save some money. My time was worth WAY more.

You certainly could do this but I don't know why you would. The Amtrak station in Miami is not really convienent to any hotels. You would wind up taking taxi's everywhere, or trying to use the Peoplemover/transit system to get around. Of course you might be considering using the Tri-Rail system too. All in all I think doing this would be more work than it is worth to get to Miami. If you really want to stay in Miami just rent a car or use a shared shuttle service from FLL.

Archived