Solo on Riviera Athens to Istanbul?

Twocoasts

I'm considering this cruise for next year as I have to be at a wedding in Istanbul and the dates seem to work. My question: will I be the only solo traveler on the ship? I'm not looking for a singles scene, but would like to connect with other passengers for conversation.

I have cruised before but on very large ships.

Thoughts? Advice?

It's hard to be absolute on this but I do doubt you would be the only solo traveler. There are no guarantees, though!

When we did our first O cruises (about 10 years ago or more) they did schedule get-togethers for singles. I confess I haven't noticed them since, but then we haven't run into individuals (unless we'd already met them here). OTOH, I would think that if there are a fair number of singletons, the cruiseline WOULD arrange such a get-together.

One thing you could do is find the Roll Call for this cruise and ask if there are other singletons on the cruise.

I'm sure you will be welcomed by other passengers ... another reason to sign up for the Roll Call because you can meet other cruisers and sign up for private tours. As someone who has organized tours at times, I've never refused a single passenger even though I confess that as far as $ is concerned, couples make even numbers.

If I have a tour for 8 and we're really 7, I divide the number by 7. I don't expect the single person to pay for two fares. I would be surprised to hear that I'm unusual in this.

Again, the best way to find other travelers on your cruise is to find the Roll Call (or start it yourself) and meet people beforehand. Then you won't feel totally alone.

Mura

I'm considering this cruise for next year as I have to be at a wedding in Istanbul and the dates seem to work. My question: will I be the only solo traveler on the ship? I'm not looking for a singles scene, but would like to connect with other passengers for conversation.

I have cruised before but on very large ships.

Thoughts? Advice?

You will not be the only solo on this cruise. Widowed for 10 years cruising on Oceania 6 times solo you will never be alone. I have remained friends with many over the years. For those who post who have no clue about being solo, all I can say is you will be welcomed. I was never alone. I scheduled tours, dinners per-cruise and with roll call friends many dinners in Polo and Toscana. There is a singles get together I never attended by choice. I enjoyed my own Company and so will You. ENJOY!!

Archived