Just off the Freedom -8/11-8/18 - review

We go on freedom aug next year doing both eastern and western. Do you know what happens on changeover day. Can we get access to our cabins. You mention bringing wine on board when you arrived ?????? I thought you were not allowed to take anything alcoholic on board. Also the walking tour at coco at was that organised of done on your own.

johnindialantic - The other two ports of call, St. Thomas and St. Martin were great - perfect weather. We did the Sapphire Beach shore excursion: it included transportation, a lounge chair at the beach, drink and snorkel equipment. We rented a paddleboard there for $25/hour and the kids went paddleboarding. Beach was not overly crowded and very relaxing. There were restrooms and a food and drink hut as well. In St. Martin, we took a cab to Jet Beach (known as Maho Beach). We sat at the bar/restaurant by the beach and watching everyone get blown over by jets taking off and landing. Fun and relaxing day.

Dogmanpaul - We didn't do a B2B cruise so I don't know if they let you stay in your cabin on turnaround day. And yes, there is a new policy on RCCL allowing you to bring aboard two bottles of wine per cabin. I believe, if you are doing a back to back cruise, that you will be allowed to have two more bottles for that week, although they may take them and give them back to you on turnaround day.

johnindialantic - Our three sea days had beautiful weather. There is plenty to do on sea days if you don't only want to lay by the pool. Also, the ice show is held traditionally on sea days - don't miss that!

dogmanpaul - The nature walk on Coco Cay is self-guided. There are signs for a trail and you just follow them, leading to the beach (you can't get lost). Lots of roosters, lizards, etc.

The kids (20 & 15) said it was probably considered intermediate. They had never paddleboarded before but got the hang of it pretty quickly. The farther they went out the more challenging it became but the beach is in a cove so the waves weren't too intense.

Thanks for the review. We will also be on the Freedom on 10/13. I am trying to find out the show times in order to determind meal times. Do you recall the times of the early and late shows? We they the same every night as on most ships? I've been trying to find this info, but short of calling RCL, which I might end up doing, I haven't been able to find that info.

Thanks either way!

Thanks for the review. We will also be on the Freedom on 10/13. I am trying to find out the show times in order to determind meal times. Do you recall the times of the early and late shows? We they the same every night as on most ships? I've been trying to find this info, but short of calling RCL, which I might end up doing, I haven't been able to find that info.

Thanks either way!

Here is the current Freedom entertainment schedule:

http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/en_US/pdf/showtimes/showtimes_FR.pdf

It only goes though the end of September, but it will give you an idea of the show times and length.

Archived