Who takes the car seat?

We are taking 18 mo. old on Mariner and have rented limo transportation to/from airport which will provide car seat. I would prefer not to transport a car seat for just the shuttle or cab service to port and wondering if anyone knows if there is a car seat type rental? We weren't planning any type of tours in port, just walking with stroller. Not sure what others do when they go to ports and where would you store a car seat in the cabin?

Something that I just didn't think about until now!

On our family reunion cruise last year our kids brought car seats for all those with children under 5 (Florida law) which was 4 of our 8 grandchildren. Under Florida law, as I recall, only vehicles that are licensed for 10 or more poeple are exempt from the car seat law. There was no problem with storage on the ship. Better safe than sorry.

You're also going to need the car seat for the plane. You're better off bringing your own. Florida requires all children under 80 lbs. to have a booster/car seat. New law just came into effect that you WILL be ticketed for anyone not buckled up. I don't think it is leagal to rent a car seat. You can't buy a used one because they can't tell if it's ever been in an accident. I would think this would preclude the ability to rent one as well.

It's the same in NC - my DIL figured my grandson will be in a carseat until he's 12 or so. . .since she's only 90 pounds herself! Good luck and let us know how it goes, we plan a family cruise next year and the grandson will be about 20 months.

Tanker

I found a travel car seat weighing only 4 lbs at one step ahead dot com. It is called Tote 'n' go DX Portable Car Seat. It says it meets all US Safety requirements and is for kids 25 - 40 lbs. I just purchased so I'll let everyone know how it works when it comes in. Then I guess I'll decide what to do for our upcoming cruise in October. If anyone checks this out, let me know your opinion. THe laws are so different everywhere and would this be safe & legal? Don't know but safety if of concern so when it comes in, I'll give my opinion.

Stacy

Archived