RCI tour organisation?

Can any of you experienced RCI cruisers tell me if this is normal? We dock overnight in Muroran Japan at 4 pm one evening leave at 9 pm the next day, this cruise was sold as "including an overnight in Japan."

RCI have managed to organise two half day and one full day tour all leaving in the morning of the full day. Nothing for the night/evening even though one destination has a "devils trail" that is illuminated at night. If you choose one half day you get back port at 1 pm, sail away is 9pm. muroran is a long way from anywhere and doesn't appear to have much to do. The tourist bureau does not appear to be aware that we are in port

Is this the normal way RCI organises its tours (please note Princess seems to have managed to organise a full day to. noribetsu and lake Toya/Usu for its 8 hour stops in Muroran in addition to Sapporo tour and

Sapporo on your own.)

Finding a tour bus mainly, I have one arranged through our roll call on here, not enough takers and costs too high. I've tried private for just two, simply not available, no cars from Muroran. I'm not confident enough to drive in Japan. I was looking at train but the buses finish at 7 pm back to Muroran. I will find something, my question was is this normal for RCI, I've never had this problem with previous cruises in fact I'm usually spoilt for choice in each port!

Finding a tour bus mainly, I have one arranged through our roll call on here, not enough takers and costs too high. I've tried private for just two, simply not available, no cars from Muroran. I'm not confident enough to drive in Japan. I was looking at train but the buses finish at 7 pm back to Muroran. I will find something, my question was is this normal for RCI, I've never had this problem with previous cruises in fact I'm usually spoilt for choice in each port!

I guess it is down to supply and demand. I don't know if this is normal or not, but I would approach RCCL to see what they can do for you.

I hope you find the answer you are looking for.

Thanks for that, I've never had to check shore excursions before, but I will from now on. I have spoken to RCCL they said they won't be adding more excursions. Interesting that the shore tours only went on for this port after everyone had made final payments. Probably doesn't help that Princess had all day tours from this port that took in most of what you would want to see, next time I won't search here.

I'm not the only one with this problem, trip advisor is full of people on our cruise looking for answers(sadly without replies mainly)

Still life is a learning experience, maybe RCIs experience in the Carribean doesn't translate very well to more exotic ports.

Archived